Q. I am experiencing chest pain, breathing difficulty, and my nails have turned bluish. Please help.

Dr. Alexander Davis, Md
This is a premium question & answer published on Oct 08, 2020 and last reviewed on: Feb 04, 2021

I have chest pain for a week. Sometimes, I have difficulty in breathing with a sore throat and sleep problems. I notice a change in the color of the nails. Before it was reddish and now it is pale violet or blue. I have a cold with a dry throat.

#

You can have severe lung infection with hypoxia. As you are in the midst of a pandemic, you can also have COVID-19 (severe acute respiratory syndrome coronavirus 2) in an advanced stage. The change in the color of nails with violet or blue indicates a red flag and you need to have medical attention immediately. Bluish fingers or lips indicate that the body is in shortage of oxygen. It is an emergency condition. Kindly consult an emergency doctor immediately and cover your face always. Take this seriously and take immediate action soon.

You have a lung infection with hypoxia. It is a medical emergency.

You have to do a Covid-19 (severe acute respiratory syndrome coronavirus 2) test, chest x-ray, or CT (computed tomography).

You can have pneumonia due to another cause other than Sars-CoV-2.

You can have covid-19 (severe acute respiratory syndrome coronavirus 2)

Have medical attention immediately.

Cover your mouth and nose always and do not infect other people.

Have a follow up after five days.

| 
1 out of 1 likes