Q. Is it safe for a 50 year old to take I-pill?

Answered by
Dr. Meeta Airen
and medically reviewed by iCliniq medical review team.
This is a premium question & answer published on Apr 20, 2017 and last reviewed on: Aug 28, 2021

Hi doctor,

Is the I-pill safe and efficient for a woman who will turn 50 years old in a couple of months? What are the expected as well as possible side effects? She had unprotected sex 48 hours before. She is not menopausal yet but has irregular periods. She has never consumed an emergency contraceptive pill before.



Welcome to

  • Consuming I-pill once is perfectly safe even in 50 years if not menopausal.
  • The minor side effects are abdominal pain, slight water retention and delay of menstruation the in next cycle.
  • Do not worry. She can take it before 72 hours has completed.

For further information consult an obstetrician and gynaecologist online -->

Was this answer helpful?


Same symptoms doesn’t mean you have the same problem. Consult a doctor now!

Related Questions:
Will taking emergency contraceptive pills after unprotected sex cause any issues?

Plan B is an emergency contraceptive to be taken in case of male ejaculation inside vagina ...   Read full

Why did I get bleeding after taking I-pill?

I-pill is emergency contraception ...   Read full

My wife has spotting.There are no signs of pregnancy.Can this be the side effect of ipill?

Can this be the side effect of ipill or is there a chance of pregnancy ... The spotting is more likely to be a breakthrough bleeding wh...   Read full


Also Read Answers From:

ideaComprehensive Medical Second Opinion.Submit your Case

Also Read

Management of Coronasomnia
Coronasomnia refers to increased sleep problems among people during the COVID-19 pandemic. Read the below article to get...  Read more»
Balantidiasis - Causes, Signs and Symptoms, Diagnosis, Treatment, and Prevention
Balantidiasis is a rare bacterial infection caused by a parasite called Balantidium coli. Read the article below to know...  Read more»
JAK Inhibitors in Treating Rheumatoid Arthritis
Doctors mainly suggest JAK or Janus kinase inhibitors for patients with rheumatoid arthritis to ease their symptoms. Rea...  Read more»

Ask your health query to a doctor online?

Ask an Obstetrician & Gynaecologist Now

* guaranteed answer within 4 hours.

Disclaimer: No content published on this website is intended to be a substitute for professional medical diagnosis, advice or treatment by a trained physician. Seek advice from your physician or other qualified healthcare providers with questions you may have regarding your symptoms and medical condition for a complete medical diagnosis. Do not delay or disregard seeking professional medical advice because of something you have read on this website. Read our Editorial Process to know how we create content for health articles and queries.