Q. Is it safe for a 50 year old to take I-pill?

Dr. Meeta Airen
This is a premium question & answer published on Apr 20, 2017 and last reviewed on: Aug 28, 2021

Is the I-pill safe and efficient for a woman who will turn 50 years old in a couple of months? What are the expected as well as possible side effects? She had unprotected sex 48 hours before. She is not menopausal yet but has irregular periods. She has never consumed an emergency contraceptive pill before.

#

• Consuming I-pill once is perfectly safe even in 50 years if not menopausal.
  • The minor side effects are abdominal pain, slight water retention and delay of menstruation the in next cycle.
  • Do not worry. She can take it before 72 hours has completed.

For further information consult an obstetrician and gynaecologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/obstetrician-and-gynaecologist

|