Q. Why is there no withdrawal bleeding after taking I-pill the second time?

Dr. Neha Singh Rathod
This is a premium question & answer published on Jun 25, 2018 and last reviewed on: Oct 09, 2018

I am a 20-year-old female, height 166 cm, and weight 65 kg. I had two I-pills in one month. After the first I-pill, I got withdrawal bleeding after five days. It lasted for four days and the flow was normal. After 14 days of this incident, I again had protected sexual intercourse and took another I-pill after 36 hours. But this time even after 11 days, there is no withdrawal bleeding. Is this because of hormonal imbalance or pregnancy?

#

Since you have taken an emergency pill within 72 hours of intercourse there is no chance of pregnancy. This could be because of hormonal changes due to the pill you have taken. So relax and do not worry. But please do not use the pill so frequently, as it is a hormonal pill and can cause hormonal changes in the body. Take care.

For more information consult an obstetrician and gynaecologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/obstetrician-and-gynaecologist

Thank you for your reply. When should I expect my menses? If the withdrawal bleeding that I got is supposed to be considered as my last period, I should have gotten my periods today but I have not. I have abdominal cramps, upset stomach for four days and frequent urination since yesterday. I am really worried because of the delay. Should I do a urine pregnancy test? Also, is the delay because of two i-pills in a month or stress or pregnancy? Since I guess it was ovulation time when I took my second i-pill after 36 hours though we used condoms. Please help.

#

Since you have a doubt, please get a urine pregnancy test done with early morning urine sample to ensure that you are not pregnant. The delay could be because of hormonal changes due to the pill you have taken. There is no chance of pregnancy. Do get back to me with reports so that I can guide you further. Take care.

For further doubts consult an obstetrician and gynaecologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/obstetrician-and-gynaecologist

|