Q. Can I-pill cause headache, irritation and body pain?

Dr. Neha Singh Rathod
This is a premium question & answer published on Aug 10, 2016 and last reviewed on: Oct 09, 2018

I had unprotected sex with my wife on the fourth day of her menses and she took I-pill within 24 hours. The next day also we had unprotected sex and she again took an I-pill. After eight days, she bled and eight days later again she bled. She should get her menses by now, but still she did not get. We checked home pregnancy kit and it was negative. What could be the reason for delayed menses?

#

She has already bled twice this month and that means to say that she has already done with her periods, though before actual date. So, now she will not have her periods.

Moreover, you said that the urine pregnancy test is negative and so there is nothing to worry about. Just wait for the next month periods.

Do not hurry and take any further medications. She will be alright.

One more thing I would like to suggest you. If you have intercourse within 10 days of periods, then you need not take emergency pills as it is the safe period where there are no chances of pregnancy.

For further information consult an obstetrician and gynaecologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/obstetrician-and-gynaecologist

Her periods used to last for five days, but this bleeding was there only for two to three days. If it was her periods, then is I-pill the reason? Blood quantity is very low as compared to her normal periods. Her menses usually will be normal like, but during this bleeding, she got headache, weakness, irritation, body pain, etc.

#

Yes, irregularities that you have noticed are because of the I-pill effect.

I-pill is nothing but hormone. When she has taken I-pill there are hormonal changes happened.

Do not worry; by her next cycle these will settle down.

|