Q. Is there any medicine to cure IBD in a 7-year-old kid?

Dr. Ishwar Chandra Rai
Published on Sep 16, 2018

My son is 7 years old. He has diarrhea with a lot of blood in it. He goes to the washroom almost 20 times in day and night. The doctors say he has IBD. They are giving him steroid medicine to stop his blood in stool and inflammation in the intestine. What would you suggest to take, or is there any medicine to cure IBD?

Dr. Ishwar Chandra Rai

#

I can understand your concern. IBD (inflammatory bowel disease) is an inflammatory disorder of the colon. It can be managed naturally through Ayurvedic medicines.

1. Bilvavaleha half spoon morning and evening before food.
2. Kutajaghana Vati one tablet after food.
3. Dadimastaka churna 2 gm after food.

1. Avoid spicy and fried junk food.
2. Avoid tea, coffee, milk and milk product, cold drinks, ice cream, etc.

Antibiotic-Associated Diarrhea (AAD)

Article Overview: Antibiotic-associated diarrhea (AAD) is the passing of watery stools after taking antibiotics. It results from infection by antibiotic-resistant pathogens. Read Article

Dr. Geethu Thomas

The consequences of long-term antibiotic administration are diarrhea, antibiotic resistance, impaired immunity, increased cost of treatment, organ failures and deaths and reduction in beneficial phytoestrogens. Antibiotic-associated diarrhea (AAD) is unexplained diarrhea associated with the use of a...  Read Article

Is there any ayurvedic treatment for blood in stools?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 38 year old male, who weighs 85 kg, and I am 5.11 feet tall. I had a problem with blood in stool a year ago, which got cured after I took medicines. But nowdays, I have been seeing blood in my stool again. I do not have any problem like itching, pain, etc. I feel it very diffic...  Read Full »

I have pain after sigmoidoscopy. What is causing this?

Query: Dear doctor, Is intestinal abscess a possibility? I need a second opinion. Medical history: On April 1st, I underwent sigmoidoscopy, and since then, a pain started on my left side. They also diagnosed C.difficile. We started Vancomycin. Then the pain stopped. At week-3 of treatment with Vancomycin,...  Read Full »

Ask an Ayurveda Specialist Now