Q. Is there any medicine to cure IBD in a 7-year-old kid?

Dr. Ishwar Chandra Rai

My son is 7 years old. He has diarrhea with a lot of blood in it. He goes to the washroom almost 20 times in day and night. The doctors say he has IBD. They are giving him steroid medicine to stop his blood in stool and inflammation in the intestine. What would you suggest to take, or is there any medicine to cure IBD?

#

I can understand your concern. IBD (inflammatory bowel disease) is an inflammatory disorder of the colon. It can be managed naturally through Ayurvedic medicines.

1. Bilvavaleha half spoon morning and evening before food.
2. Kutajaghana Vati one tablet after food.
3. Dadimastaka churna 2 gm after food.

1. Avoid spicy and fried junk food.
2. Avoid tea, coffee, milk and milk product, cold drinks, ice cream, etc.

|