Ibd

Pentasa sachet is not helping ulcerative colitis. Please suggest some other medicine.

Query: Hi doctor,I am 23 years old with a weight of 52 kilograms and a height of six feet. I was diagnosed with ulcerative colitis last year. I had an E.coli infection four years back by food poisoning. I have symptoms of rectal bleeding, nausea, and constipation. When I got acute colitis, I took Pentasa s...  Read Full »

Dr. Mian Shah Yousaf

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. You are having left-sided colitis. Before taking Humaira or any other biosimilars, I would like to optimize your medications. Regarding foods, there are no specific foods that can help you. I suggest you take an oral trial of Prednisolone as enema does not help complete...  Read Full »

Are my symptoms due to diabetes or Crohn's disease?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 22-year-old male. I am 5 feet 7 inches in height and weigh about 150 lbs currently; I used to weigh about 175 lbs. I do not smoke, drink or use recreational drugs. I have some pre-existing medical issues for several years like acne, anal itching or jock itch, and sometimes stomach...  Read Full »

Dr. Ajeet Kumar Lohana

Answer: Hello Dear. I welcome you to icliniq. Well you very well explained your symptoms..It was palatable to read, I must say. Well your concerns are genuine but here is my take on this. You are too young to develop dm type 2, and dermatopathy is far far away to be even considered. Plus you have normal dia...  Read Full »

Is L-Glutamine helpful in relieving symptoms of Crohn's disease?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a male 29 years old, my height is 5'10", and my weight is 138 lbs. I am under Sulfasalazine medication. I was diagnosed with Crohn's disease sixteen years ago, never having entered a remission since. I was recently informed by a friend that my glutamine can be beneficial for leaky ...  Read Full »

Dr. Nazma Parveen

Family Physician, General Practitioner

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have read through your question and understand your concern. It is correct that L-Glutamine has been seen to help in the healthy functioning of the intestine but this is still under trial and there is not enough data to prove it conclusively. The side effects you h...  Read Full »

What can cause a lump that changes size in the outer anal area for around three months?

Query: Hi doctor,I am a 22-year-old male. I am suffering from pain in the anal area. I have a lump with a white top. It keeps on increasing and decreasing. I have a sticky liquid coming out of it and my anus remains wet always. I have this issue for three months. What to do?  Read Full »

Dr. Ajeet Kumar Lohana

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. You can have a possibility of perianal sinus or abscess. There is a pus collection around the anus. As you have this issue for three months, the other possibility is infection with secondary abscess formation. You can have another possibility of inflammation of the ...  Read Full »

How to differentiate between ulcerative colitis and Crohn's disease?

Query: Hello doctor, My 6 year old daughter was born with tyrosinemia type 1. She had diarrhea and bloody stools for 10 days, a month back. She was tested for many things, and everything came back normal, except her calprotectin level was 1250 while she had loose and bloody stools. She was admitted and h...  Read Full »

Dr. Babu Lal Meena

Child Health Specialist, Family Physician, General Practitioner, Medical Gastroenterologist, Paediatrician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have seen all the attached reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity). We see many tyrosinemias and IBD (irritable bowel disease) patients. In smaller children, it is sometimes difficult to differentiate between ulcerative colitis and Crohn's disease....  Read Full »

Can work-related stress result in Crohn's disease flare-ups?

Query: Hi There, I have a had Crohn’s Disease since I was 12yrs and I am 35yrs now. I have been off medication for over ten years and I have not had a flare up in about 5 yrs. I do still have bowel inflammation from time to time and I do have pain spasms occasionally in my lower right quadron of my abdo...  Read Full »

Dr. Rajesh Bansari

Answer: Dear, Welcome to icliniq I can sense your concern and I know you had seen bad days during the illness. The good news is you are off treatment and still managing everything for a good 5 years. I can understand that working on the front line makes things difficult but you are at equal risk as other...  Read Full »

I get recurrent blood in stool with stomach pain. Why?

Query: Hello doctor, I would like to know the reason for pain in the stomach at the right side and blood in the stool. Once I had blood in stool previously and used homeopathy medicine to stop that, but it recurred after five days.  Read Full »

Dr. Kapil Gupta

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Stomach pain on the right side can occur due to a variety of reasons like stomach infection, appendicitis, infection in your intestine, and problems in your kidneys or the ureters (a tube that connects your kidneys to your urinary bladder). Stomach pain with blood i...  Read Full »

What causes intestinal hyperpermeability?

Query: Hello doctor, Is hyperpermeable intestine treatable and or curable? Kindly suggest.  Read Full »

Dr. Saumya Mittal

Diabetologist, Family Physician, General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I hope the following information will help you understand the condition first, and thereafter the possibility of cure and treatment. Together it should help you get your answer. To start with, I am sorry, but your question does not have a simple yes or no answer. Norm...  Read Full »

What causes blood in stool?

Query: Hello doctor, I am suffering from dysentery (not sure) from last couple of months. I found blood in my stool. So the doctor suggested to do colonoscopy test. Colonoscopy report says that there is one small papilla near anorectal junction, may be cause of the bleeding. The doctor gave me tablets and...  Read Full »

Dr. Divakara P

Diabetologist, Endocrinologist, General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, Pain Medicine Physician, Pulmonologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Frequent motions along with blood for weeks is not due to dysentry. Also a small papilla causing this amount of symptoms is very unlikely. So what else it could be? It can be inflammatory bowel disease, malignancy, chronic infections, tuberculosis. My advise is get stoo...  Read Full »

I have abdominal pain and diarrhea thrice a day. What is wrong?

Query: Hello doctor,I am suffering from abdominal pain and diarrhea three to four times a day for the last four months. I have gone through colonoscopy and sigmoidoscopy followed by a biopsy. As per the biopsy, it is a mild non-specific inflammation. So, my doctor did several tests like fecal calprotect...  Read Full »

Dr. Aastha Midha Likhyani

General Surgeon

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I suggest the following: Tablet Ondem MD (Ondansetron) 4 mg twice a day, for a month. Tablet Rablet L (a combination of Rabeprazole and levosulpiride) twice a day, for a month. ORS (oral rehydrating solution) up to two or three liters a day, for a month. Tablet Oflox ...  Read Full »