Q. I underwent sigmoidoscopy. Is intestinal abscess a possibility?

Dear doctor,

Is intestinal abscess a possibility? I need a second opinion. Medical history: On April 1st, I underwent sigmoidoscopy, and since then, a pain started on my left side. They also diagnosed C.difficile. We started Vancomycin. Then the pain stopped. At week-3 of treatment with Vancomycin, we went from four times daily to twice daily and three days later, the pain came back. My doctor restarted over the Vancomycin treatment to four times daily and, three days later, the pain went away. I am on twice daily dose now since the last two days and the pain came back again. My Question: I suspect an abscess caused by the sigmoidoscopy (considering that this examination produced extreme pain 15/10 on me). Is it possible that abscess treated with Vancomycin temporarily is the reason that my pain comes and goes the way that I explained?