Q. What does increased IgE and immunodeficiency states in report indicate?

Dr. Dheeraj Kumar Jonnalagadda
Published on Dec 22, 2018

Today I received my blood report online. And in that, it is mentioned that my IgE serum level is increased by 4 %. And also there is an increase in the level of atopic/non-atopic allergy, hyper IgE syndrome, parasitic infections, IgE myeloma, pulmonary aspergillosis, immunodeficiency states, and autoimmune diseases. So please tell me what the report says.

Dr. Dheeraj Kumar Jonnalagadda

Allergy Specialist Otolaryngology (E.N.T)
#

You have not mentioned that reason for which you got this test done. Anyways most of the doctors send for this investigation considering allergy (to dust particles) in the blood. Hence, the test was done and the report suggested mild elevation of serum IgE which indicates you have a little affinity for dust allergy but this is not a very significant rise hence take precautions by avoiding dust, regular usage of masks or handkerchiefs, keeping your pillow covers and bed sheets clean.

Allergy.

Vitamin D levels.

Have allergy problems. I always have runny nose or sore throat or excessive sneezing and coughing and cannot breathe normally.

Query: Hello, I have been having allergy problems for many years. I cannot breathe from my nose even if it is not blocked because I feel like I get less oxygen from my nose. I also have asthma and as the seasons change my allergies react. I always have running nose or sore throat or excessive sneezing and ...  Read Full »

My allergy does not subside with 10 mg Cetirizine. Should I take 20 mg?

Query: Hi doctor, I have been taking 10 mg Singulair and 10 mg Cetirizine for five years for allergies, asthma, and Lyme. I just got two more kittens, and the medicines do not work anymore. I am miserable and desperate. I asked my doctor to give me 20 mg of Cetirizine and something else because I think ...  Read Full »

My daughter has swollen lymph nodes and positive ANA. Please provide opinion.

Query: Hello doctor,My daughter, 15 years, has swollen lymph nodes. Biopsy done. It is non-malignant. No TB. But ANA has come positive. I would like to share the reports and take your opinion.  Read Full »

Ask an Allergy Specialist Now