Q. What does increased IgE and immunodeficiency states in report indicate?

Dr. Dheeraj Kumar Jonnalagadda

Today I received my blood report online. And in that, it is mentioned that my IgE serum level is increased by 4 %. And also there is an increase in the level of atopic/non-atopic allergy, hyper IgE syndrome, parasitic infections, IgE myeloma, pulmonary aspergillosis, immunodeficiency states, and autoimmune diseases. So please tell me what the report says.

#

You have not mentioned that reason for which you got this test done. Anyways most of the doctors send for this investigation considering allergy (to dust particles) in the blood. Hence, the test was done and the report suggested mild elevation of serum IgE which indicates you have a little affinity for dust allergy but this is not a very significant rise hence take precautions by avoiding dust, regular usage of masks or handkerchiefs, keeping your pillow covers and bed sheets clean.

Allergy.

Vitamin D levels.

|