Get E-Book on COVID-19

Q. I have itching in different parts of my body. Is it some kind of an allergy?

Answered by
Dr. Shyam Kalyan N
and medically reviewed by iCliniq medical review team.
This is a premium question & answer published on Nov 16, 2017

Hello doctor,

Since two months, I have been having itching in different parts of my body. But, I had the medicines from two weeks back only. My lab tests results under serology include an IgE at 527.62 kU/L. I have been on these medicines for two weeks, Animus-L one in the night and Softin one in the morning. The medicines got over the day before yesterday. But, the itching persists in different parts of the body from head to legs. Please advise.

Dr. Shyam Kalyan N

Allergy Specialist Otolaryngology (E.N.T)


Welcome to

  • You seem to have severely elevated IgE levels which are pointing towards an atopy or an allergy. There must have been some offending agents that have caused this reaction. We must find out what has caused the allergy in you. This can be achieved by a comprehensive allergy profile testing or by skin prick testing. I strongly suspect some food allergens.
  • Before that, we need to control your allergy medically and also have a thorough history about the problem. I would suggest you take Montair-Fx tablet (Montelukast and Fexofenadine) once in the morning with Lorfast (Loratadine) 10 mg tablet one in the night. This along with Dermocal Plus lotion applied on the areas of itching or rashes. Wait for two days before changing the medicines or adding a steroid to the same. Consult your specialist doctor, discuss with him or her and take the medicines with their consent.
  • Please provide more details about your problem. If you can, please attach pictures of the rashes. Do share with us your previous medical records to help us understand the condition better. Please tell us more to find out the cause of the allergy. Kindly tell us when and how the problem started, how long have you been suffering, whether there is any relief or any aggravation with those medicines, whether you have any seasonal relationship to this problem, whether you have a running nose, sneezing, nose blockage, or postnasal drip, headache, facial pressure, or reduced sense of smell, etc.
  • ImmunoCAP testing, which is a comprehensive blood allergy profile, is a blood test which will test for food and aeroallergy in you.
  • Skin prick test does the same but uses multiple small pricks on your forearm to find out an allergy sensitivity. Though many prefer a blood test, the skin prick test is regarded as the gold standard for testing specific allergy. Once we find out the offending agent, we can help you avoid the particular agent in your life and lead an allergy-free life.

Do revert back if you need any further support.

For more information consult an allergy specialist online -->

Was this answer helpful?


Related Questions:
I have a blocked, itching and running nose. What can be done?
Simple Guidelines to Cure Asthma
My allergy does not subside with 10 mg Cetirizine. Should I take 20 mg?

This is a sponsored Ad. icliniq or icliniq doctors do not endorse the content in the Ad.

Consult by PhoneConsult by Phone Video ChatVideo Chat
Also Read Answers From:

Comprehensive Medical Second Opinion.Submit your Case

Related Questions & Answers

Can I take Levocet M for itchy throat?

Query: Hi doctor, I had a problem of nose block and my ENT surgeon suggested me to go for a nose operation. As per doctor instruction, operation of my nose was carried out before three months. Now my nose is almost fine, but still I feel that something is there in my throat. I also feel itchy throat and e...  Read Full »

Dust and perfume make me cough. How can I get better?

Query: Hello doctor,Since many years, I am facing a sinusitis problem. When I catch the flu, it gets worse. This time, I caught the flu twice this month. The sinustis got worse and I visited a doctor who prescribed me with a course of Fexet, Klaricid, and Ventek. He said that I need to take Ventek for thr...  Read Full »

Have allergy problems. I always have runny nose or sore throat or excessive sneezing and coughing and cannot breathe normally.

Query: Hello, I have been having allergy problems for many years. I cannot breathe from my nose even if it is not blocked because I feel like I get less oxygen from my nose. I also have asthma and as the seasons change my allergies react. I always have running nose or sore throat or excessive sneezing and ...  Read Full »

Also Read

This article provides you with all the information that you should be knowing about miscarriage. Although this is an emo...  Read more»
COVID-19 Testing
COVID-19 testing includes analyzing patient samples to determine current or past infections with SARS-CoV-2. Read the ar...  Read more»
I feel a restlessness in my legs, which decreases my sleep quality. How to get a refreshing sleep?
Hello doctor, I cannot get refreshing sleep some days in a week, and some days it is good. I also have difficulty sleep...  Read more»

Ask your health query to a doctor online?

Ask an Allergy Specialist Now

* guaranteed answer within 4 hours.

Disclaimer: All health Q&As published on this website is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical diagnosis, advice or treatment by a trained physician. Seek the advice from your physician or other qualified health-care providers with questions you may have regarding your symptoms and medical condition for a complete medical diagnosis. Do not delay or disregard seeking professional medical advice because of something you have read on this website.