Q. I have itching in different parts of my body. Is it some kind of an allergy?

Since two months, I have been having itching in different parts of my body. But, I had the medicines from two weeks back only. My lab tests results under serology include an IgE at 527.62 kU/L. I have been on these medicines for two weeks, Animus-L one in the night and Softin one in the morning. The medicines got over the day before yesterday. But, the itching persists in different parts of the body from head to legs. Please advise.

Allergy Specialist Otolaryngology (E.N.T)
#

• You seem to have severely elevated IgE levels which are pointing towards an atopy or an allergy. There must have been some offending agents that have caused this reaction. We must find out what has caused the allergy in you. This can be achieved by a comprehensive allergy profile testing or by skin prick testing. I strongly suspect some food allergens.
  • Before that, we need to control your allergy medically and also have a thorough history about the problem. I would suggest you take Montair-Fx tablet (Montelukast and Fexofenadine) once in the morning with Lorfast (Loratadine) 10 mg tablet one in the night. This along with Dermocal Plus lotion applied on the areas of itching or rashes. Wait for two days before changing the medicines or adding a steroid to the same. Consult your specialist doctor, discuss with him or her and take the medicines with their consent.
  • Please provide more details about your problem. If you can, please attach pictures of the rashes. Do share with us your previous medical records to help us understand the condition better. Please tell us more to find out the cause of the allergy. Kindly tell us when and how the problem started, how long have you been suffering, whether there is any relief or any aggravation with those medicines, whether you have any seasonal relationship to this problem, whether you have a running nose, sneezing, nose blockage, or postnasal drip, headache, facial pressure, or reduced sense of smell, etc.
  • ImmunoCAP testing, which is a comprehensive blood allergy profile, is a blood test which will test for food and aeroallergy in you.
  • Skin prick test does the same but uses multiple small pricks on your forearm to find out an allergy sensitivity. Though many prefer a blood test, the skin prick test is regarded as the gold standard for testing specific allergy. Once we find out the offending agent, we can help you avoid the particular agent in your life and lead an allergy-free life.

Do revert back if you need any further support.

For more information consult an allergy specialist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/allergy-specialist

|