Q. When does implantation bleeding occur?

Dr. Neha Singh Rathod
This is a premium question & answer published on Aug 16, 2017 and last reviewed on: Feb 04, 2022

I have few doubts regarding fertilization and implantation. Is it possible to have implantation bleeding after your period? Is it possible to get an egg fertilized a week before your period? Also, how long does sperm last outside of the body? Is it true that once the ejaculate has dried, so has the sperm?

#

Implantation bleeding occurs only after 15 to 20 days of the period.

From day 1 to day 10, it is safe period. There is no chance of pregnancy as there is no ovulation happening during this period.

• It is fertile period from day 12 to day 18, and there are chances of pregnancy.
  • The sperm cannot survive long outside the body. They are active for 72 hours inside the vagina. In the outside environment, the sperms cannot be live for a longer duration.
  • If you have doubt, then get back to me with details of your cycles, time of intercourse and if the ejaculation was inside the vagina. These will help me to give you a clear idea and guide you further. Take care.

For further doubts consult an obstetrician and gynaecologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/obstetrician-and-gynaecologist

|