Q. My teeth are not in order. How to correct them?

Dr. Subha
This is a premium question & answer published on Jul 19, 2014 and last reviewed on: Jan 20, 2022

My teeth are not in order. How to correct them?

#

Improperly aligned teeth are said to be in malocclusion. They cause problems like difficulty in breathing, speaking, eating and might cause dental cavities also. So, orthodontic intervention is necessary.

Depending upon the severity of the malocclusion, removable or fixed type of orthodontic treatment (braces) might be needed.

Removable type can be taken off by yourself while eating alone, whereas fixed one will be attached to the teeth for a minimum of 12 to 18 months.

|