Q. What could be the best skin care routine to get healthier skin and even skin tone?

Dr. Dhepe Snehal Laul

Compared to the skin color of the rest of the body, which is whitish fair, my face has an uneven tone with dry skin. The pigmentation is such that the natural skin tone of the face is hidden under the extended dark patches. I tried many things, but nothing helped. Kindly share some certified derma products or ingredients to cure the same.

#

I have read your concern and will help you out. I want to know some more details to guide you better.

1. Are you concerned about melasma?

2. Do you have prolonged exposure to the sun?

3. Are you having dull skin?

4. Are you experiencing skin tanning as well?

Kindly share a clinical picture to arrive at a definitive diagnosis.

Yes, my face has become very dull, and there is a lot of tanning. It sometimes started back, and slowly the entire face tone has become very uneven with lots of light and dark patches. Also, my skin is dehydrated. I want to get back an even healthy tone. Kindly suggest the specific face products that I should use. I tried so many random things, but it was useless. I want proper dermatological treatment.

#

I am sharing the list of medications and some instructions that you need to follow.

1. Tablet Limcee (Vitamin C) 500 mg once a day after breakfast for thirty days.

2. Capsule Antoxid-HC (antioxidants) once at night after food for thirty days.

3. Ketoconazole cream at night for fifteen days (on dry, scaly patches).

4. Kojic soap for the bath for one month.

5. Wash face with Cetaphil cleanser twice a day for two months.

6. Avoid hot shower baths for a long time.

7. Avoid scratching and rubbing of lesions.

8. Avoid usage of any harsh soap.

9. Avoid direct sunlight.

10. Use photostable sunscreen daily at 9 am-12 pm-3 pm for two months and twenty minutes before outdoors.

11. Use Cetaphil brightening cream at daytime thirty minutes before applying sunscreen for twenty days.

12. Stay hydrated.

13. Eat fresh fruits and green veggies.

14. Include papaya, oranges, berries, avocado, carrots in your diet.

After dryness and scaling are better, we will further give treatment for hyperpigmented patches. Follow up after fifteen days.

Thank you for your suggestion. I would like to know that I do not go out mainly in the daytime due to my online classes. Should I still get sunscreen?

#

Keep skin hydrated. Moisturize skin after bath and use Cetaphil lotion daily. You can use sunscreen when you start going outdoors.

I appreciate your help.

You had suggested to follow up after fifteen days. I want to tell you that my dry patches are better and responding well to your treatment. I am looking forward to continuing the treatment of dark patches and uneven tones.

#

I have checked the images you shared (attached removed to protect the patient's identity). I can see a lot of improvement in skin texture. Dryness and scaling have been reduced to a great extent. Now you may continue with the following measures;

1. Tablet Limcee (Vitamin C) 500 mg once a day after breakfast for fifteen days more.

2. Tablet Antoxid-HC (antioxidants) once at night after food for fifteen days.

3. Moisturize skin with Venusia max cream or Cetaphil cream daily.

4. Stop Ketoconazole and kojic soap.

5. Avoid direct sunlight.

6. Use sunscreen for twenty minutes before going outdoors.

7. Avoid activities that cause sweating.

8. Eat fresh fruits and green veggies.

9. Avoid stress.

10. Stay hydrated.

11. You can use a Cetaphil cleanser to wash your face twice daily for one month or wash your face with tap water twice daily.

Is there any other specific treatment for uneven tone, or is this sufficient? Many derma-certified vitamin C serums are available now. Are they safe to use, and please suggest a good one that I could include in my daily skincare?

#

You can use vitamin C serum at night. Also, increase antioxidants and citrus fruits in your diet and moisturize your skin daily.

|