Q. Is it possible that mine and my husband's blood types which could be incompatible, kept me not conceiving all these 8 years?

Dr. Vidya Muralidhar
This is a premium question & answer published on Dec 03, 2014 and last reviewed on: Dec 18, 2018

I am not sure of mine or my parent's blood types, but my sister's is O-negative and is Rh-negative. Does this mean I am also Rh-negative? And is it possible that mine and my husband's blood types, which could be incompatible, kept me from conceiving from 8 years?

#

There is a 50 % possibility that you could be an Rh-negative blood group.

There is no blood group combination between couples that has known to cause problems in conception. If you are Rh-negative and your husband Rh-positive, then the problem of Rh incompatibility arises in the baby, that too in the second child. But it can be easily dealt with and identified at conception. Do not worry. Just get yours and your husband's blood group checked and consult an obstetrician and gynecologist.

|