Q. Is it possible that mine and my husband's blood types which could be incompatible, kept me not conceiving all these 8 years?

Dr. Vidya
Published on Dec 03, 2014 and last reviewed on: Dec 18, 2018

I am not sure of mine or my parent's blood types, but my sister's is O-negative and is Rh-negative. Does this mean I am also Rh-negative? And is it possible that mine and my husband's blood types, which could be incompatible, kept me from conceiving from 8 years?

Dr. Vidya

Obstetrics And Gynaecology
#

There is a 50 % possibility that you could be an Rh-negative blood group.

There is no blood group combination between couples that has known to cause problems in conception. If you are Rh-negative and your husband Rh-positive, then the problem of Rh incompatibility arises in the baby, that too in the second child. But it can be easily dealt with and identified at conception. Do not worry. Just get yours and your husband's blood group checked and consult an obstetrician and gynecologist.

Will there be any problem in pregnancy if the couple have same blood group?

Query: Hello doctor, I am 25 years old. I am willing to marry my childhood friend. She is elder than me by five months, and our blood group is same, which is AB positive. Here are my questions: Will there be any problem during pregnancy? Any tests required to be done for ensuring no problem in future...  Read Full »

My cousin's hCG levels have doubled after IUI. Is a viable pregnancy likely?

Query: Hello doctor,My cousin had her last period on the 10th of last month and got IUI done on the 26th. Her hCG levels increased (doubled) in the blood test. Now, at six weeks, she got an ultrasound scan and there is no heartbeat till now. Is it too late? What are the chances of the pregnancy to be via...  Read Full »

Faint T Lines Appearing On Urine Pregnancy Tests,While Ultrasounds Say I Am Not Pregnant?

Query: Hi doctor, I have been trying to conceive for a few months, but every time the test comes back negative. My last periods was on the 25th of last month, and I started ovulating on the third of this month, and it ended on the 12th. My husband and I had sex on the fifth. Despite my history of irregular...  Read Full »