Q. Increased uric acid can be treated using what medicines?

Please see my mother's report.

She is having high uric acid.

She had been prescribed with Zyloric 100 mg tablet once at night for 3 months.

Currently she is taking the following medicines Glycomet GP 3/850 tablet one in the morning and one at night, Voglibose 0.3 tablet one in the morning, Telmistat AM 5mg tablet, Orvas 5mg tablet, Nexito 20mg tablet, Alzolam 0.5mg tablet and Orofer XT.

I wanted to confirm before starting the medicines.

Kindly advise.

#

We are here to help you.

Yes, Zyloric tablet is good for uric acid control.

However these days there are new drugs which are being used for this purpose like Febuxostat.

Make her drink plenty of water and fluids.

Get her a repeat uric acid test done after 3 months.

I hope it helps.

If you have any further query, please ask me.

Thank you for answering the query.

So, should we give her Zyloric 100 mg tablet for 3 months and is it safe with her other medications?

Kindly reply.

#

You can give it to her and it is safe with other medicines. If you have any further query, please ask me.

Thank you and regards.

|