Q. What are the treatment options for increased uric acid?

Answered by Dr. J Mariano Anto Bruno Mascarenhas and medically reviewed by iCliniq medical review team.

Do you have a question on Increased Uric Acid or Nsaids? We have medical experts to help you right away. Ask a Doctor Now »

Since yesterday morning, I have been having an acute pain and stiffness in the joint of the big toe on the left foot. Also, there is a little amount of swelling. The symptoms are similar to elevated uric acid levels. Four years ago, I had a spike in uric acid levels. I have given my sample for a blood test. Can you suggest some medicine in the meanwhile?