Q. Why am I having high uric acid?

Dr. Mohammed Parvez
This is a premium question & answer published on Jan 08, 2018 and last reviewed on: Jul 03, 2019

I am a 38-year-old cholesterol patient. I have suffered this problem for the last five years. Now, I checked up my uric acid report. My uric acid report is between 1 to 7 range and sometimes 8.99. I have muscle pain in the hand and legs. I feel sometimes my cholesterol medicine can increase the uric acid. I am currently on Rozat 10 mg, Evion, Vitamin E, Prolomet 25 mg. Please help.

#

A person having high cholesterol levels usually have metabolic syndrome, where they also have a high risk of developing high uric acid, diabetes, and fatty liver disease.

The main line of treatment for all the above problems is to have a healthy lifestyle and medicine to keep cholesterol and uric acid levels under control.

Mild muscle aches are side effects of cholesterol medicine.

You can discuss this issue with your physician who can adjust the dose or change the medicine which can suit you better.

For more information consult an internal medicine physician online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/internal-medicine-physician

Which type of diet is favorable for me. I feel the body aches and the arm aches.

#

Please avoid meat to keep the uric acid levels under control.

Please consult a nutritionist or a dietician for a detailed plan.

|