Muscle Pull

Why am I having high uric acid?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 38-year-old cholesterol patient. I have suffered this problem for the last five years. Now, I checked up my uric acid report. My uric acid report is between 1 to 7 range and sometimes 8.99. I have muscle pain in the hand and legs. I feel sometimes my cholesterol medicine can in...  Read Full »

Dr. Mohammed Parvez

Internal Medicine Physician, General Medicine Physician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. A person having high cholesterol levels usually have metabolic syndrome, where they also have a high risk of developing high uric acid, diabetes, and fatty liver disease. The main line of treatment for all the above problems is to have a healthy lifestyle and medici...  Read Full »

I have quad pain while running. Please help.

Query: Hi doctor, I have been having quad pain while running to the point where I cannot bear any weight. I have no pain the next day while walking, but the pain returns during a run.  Read Full »

Dr. (col) Rakesh Karanwal

Cardiologist, Diabetologist, Endocrinologist, Family Physician, General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, Neurologist, Pulmonologist, Rheumatologist, General Practitioner

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. From the details provided, you are apparently suffering from a muscle pull or partial detachment of the tendon from the bone. Muscles are attached to the bones by a fibrous, cord-like structure called tendons. Your quadriceps (thigh muscle) need rest in order to recover...  Read Full »

Can you suggest an alternative ointment for Acepark gel?

Query: Hello doctor, I used to apply Acepark gel by park pharmaceutical to relieve pain or strain in muscle or joints. It is having composition of Aceclofenac, Linseed oil, Methyl salicylate and Menthol. It worked really good for me. But, I am not getting the same ointment now. Hence, please suggest alter...  Read Full »

Dr. Akshay Kumar Saxena

Orthopaedician And Traumatologist, Spine Surgeon

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have not used the gel which you have mentioned, but I can tell you that there are number of such ointments have very good results. I would like to suggest the following: Voveran TPM gel of Novartis. Ibugesic Nano gel from Cipla. Dynapar QPS spray from Troika. All the...  Read Full »

I hurt my back while dancing. Could that be a muscle pull or something serious?

Query: Hello doctor,I hurt my lower back maybe a year or two ago, and I was in a lot of pain. I am a dancer and was lifting up my dance partner into the air without stretching and hurt my lower back severely. I could not even walk at that time. I was in agony. I never saw a doctor for this pain as I was s...  Read Full »

Dr. Shakti Mishra

Fitness Expert, Nutritionist, Physiotherapist, Yoga Specialist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. It seems that you need to take care of your back more than before. First of all, you need to do an x-ray and MRI to get the root cause of the pain. Until and unless you do not get the exact cause, it is better to avoid any kind of stress on the back. It is always necessa...  Read Full »

How to treat strained neck muscle developed while doing a leg raise?

Query: Hi doctor, I think I developed a muscle pull or nerve problem in the shoulder and neck area when I was doing leg raise in the gym on a bench. How to get cured?  Read Full »

Dr. Mohan Krishna

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. From the complaints you had described, it sounds like a muscle pull. It is better to get examined by a doctor first to know the right diagnosis. You might get relief from simple analgesic and muscle relaxant. For further information consult a physiotherapist online -...  Read Full »

What should I do for pain in groin and activity restriction?

Query: Hi doctor, I have had mild right side groin pain for about two years now, which has made it very difficult to run. One morning, I woke up with the inability to use my right leg because of the severity of pain. I was very active at that time, so I assumed it was a sprain in or around the groin. The ...  Read Full »

Dr. Bharat Patodiya

Family Physician, General Medicine Physician, General Practitioner, Internal Medicine Physician, Medical Oncologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. To allay your anxiety, let me open my answer that inguinal lymph node of up to 1 cm in size is acceptable. The exact size must be mentioned on the ultrasound. Usually, the lymph node is not painful to cause so much motility limitation. Now coming back to...  Read Full »

I have pain and stiffness in my neck and traps. How to recover quickly?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 29 year old male. I was working out in a gym continuously a month back and turns out I overused my muscle. I had pain in my neck and traps and I can feel the stiffness in my neck and traps. I visited an urgent care and they diagnosed it to be a muscle pull and prescribed a muscle ...  Read Full »

Dr. Sreenivasa Rao

Physiotherapist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I read your concern. I would suggest you to frequently do icing over the tight areas like 15 minutes once every two hours followed by gentle stretching. Continue muscle relaxant for one more day. I strongly suggest you do a proper warmup and cool down to avoid s...  Read Full »

I have pain under my right rib. Is it due to drinking alcohol?

Query: Hi doctor, I am an 18 year old male, and I weigh 90 kg and 178 cm tall. I have pain under my right rib, and it hurts while breathing. I hope it is not liver related from alcohol. I had two drinks in the last few days, but those are the only drinks I have ever had.  Read Full »

Dr. Saravan Pramod Settipalli

General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, Family Physician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. It does not seem to be related to alcohol drinking as per your history, as two drinks do not make much of a change with the anatomy of the liver. It is probably suggestive of muscle related problem. It might be myalgia or cellulitis. I suggest you get a liver funct...  Read Full »

The muscles of my left leg get pulled when I move my pelvis. Please help.

Query: Hi doctor, I am a regular runner and have recently been trying out a new programme running five days per week, with lots of gentle short runs. I have had a few running related injuries in the past year. I got shin splints and peroneal tendonitis on the outside of my left foot for several months,  l...  Read Full »

Dr. Atul Prakash

Fitness Expert, Orthopaedician And Traumatologist, Physiotherapist, Spine Health Specialist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. It is very difficult to be precise without examining you. You recent injury could be an iliopsoas strain or a rectus femoris strain from the hill run. Is the pain deep within the groin? Is the movement of getting up from a sitting position uncomfortable? Is there any...  Read Full »

I am experiencing neck and shoulder pain from childhood. Why?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 21 year old female, and I am experiencing chronic neck and shoulder pain. It ranges from dull to severe and happens when I stand or walk for over an hour. I have been experiencing this since I was a child and have never received an explanation or treatment. I am not sure if it is r...  Read Full »

Dr. James F Geiselman

Chiropractor

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have reviewed your question and viewed your image (attachment removed to protect patient identity). I am sorry you are experiencing chronic neck and shoulder pain. Based on the image, it is hard to tell what vertebrae this is. It could be C7 or T1. Does it hurt when ...  Read Full »