Q. Will DHEA and Ubiquinol still work while on birth control pills?

This is a premium question & answer published on Feb 08, 2018 and last reviewed on: Oct 09, 2018

I am 39. RE has me on 600 mg Ubiquinol and 75 mg of DHEA daily due to poor egg quality. However, I am also on birth control pills due to bad endometriosis. Will the DHEA and Ubiquinol still work while on the pill? I have had two failed IVF cycles.

Infertility Obstetrics And Gynaecology
#

How are you doing?

Birth control pills are a combination of estrogen and progesterone hormones. They just prevent the ovulation and have no effects on the actions of the DHEA and Ubiquinol. You can have them both at the same time.

If I may advise, you already have a lot of risk factors. Your age is at the upper limit for the healthy reproductive age, two failed IVFs and endometriosis.

These medicines have a limitation. They cannot regenerate new eggs from the ovaries. They are supposed to awaken the sleeping or hidden eggs. But at this age, the quality of eggs will be compromised. Also, the endometriosis would have damaged few eggs.

The ideal and best option to get pregnant would be to go for donor IVF. You can have donor eggs with your partner's sperms, embryos, and your name.

I suggest you suppress the endometriosis completely with injection Leuprolide, then transfer the embryos when the endometrium is thick enough. This way neither the poor egg quality nor the endometriosis will affect the pregnancy outcome. You will definitely have a healthy pregnancy.

Hope I have clarified your query. Do write back if any more queries. All the best.

For more information consult an infertility specialist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/infertility-specialist

|