Q. Am I feeling giddy because of stress?

Dr. Nagaraj Patil

I am a 29 year old male, and I have been having slight giddiness kind of feeling. I am not able to tell if it is giddiness since I did not fall or have any balance issues. This has been there for a week. I had the same symptoms two weeks back. It feels like some kind of pulling sensation in the head, and I do not have a headache. It feels that the pulling sensation is towards one side in the area behind the ears and back of the head. I sit for a long time in front of the computer. What would be the reason? I have erratic sleep patterns, and I sleep at 1 AM. Though I have adequate sleep, I sleep very late at night, and hence the meal pattern is also altered. I have been very stressed from the past two weeks. Would that too be a reason? I have been working out regularly for three months, and I have stopped exercising from last two weeks due to foot pain.

#

It could be benign positional vertigo, which is more common. I guess you might experience giddiness when you suddenly turn your head. It is mostly because of imbalance in the middle ear fluid, usually following ear infection, which is responsible for maintaining our posture.

It is definitely treatable. I suggest taking tablet Cinnarizine 8 mg, twice daily for five days. If not relieved, then consult an ENT specialist for further evaluation. As there is no loss of balance and blood pressure is normal, neurological causes are not looked into at initial stage.

For more information consult a general medicine physician online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/general-medicine-physician

|