Q. Why am I devoid of quality sleep?

Dr. Bharat Udey
This is a premium question & answer published on Mar 25, 2016 and last reviewed on: Oct 09, 2018

I am on CPAP for two years and my AHI is in normal limits. But, the quality of my sleep is not good. My body and brain are not at all relaxing during sleep. I have aching muscles. Please guide.

#

It seems that you might have developed some sleep issues mounting for insomnia.

As you have mentioned that you are using continuous positive airway pressure (CPAP) and your apnea-hypopnea index (AHI) is well maintained, this sleep issue might be related with some underlying psychological issues.

Underlying anxiety or mood related issues can escalate such kind of sleep disturbances.

Also, sleep issues can lead to physical burnout and can precipitate the psychological issues. Hence, a timely intervention should be done to prevent such psychological issues from developing.

If you feel like having any such psychological issues, do provide the details. Also describe your sleep issues in detail, so that it can be dealt effectively.

Revert back with the details to a sleep medicine physician online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/sleep-medicine-physician

|