Q. How likely is it that IC can cause scarring of the bladder?

Dr. Mahmoud Ahmed Abelrahman Abouibrahim

I have been told that I have IC as a constant urge to urinate and sore bladder. It is believed that an embedded UTI has caused this condition. (I am male). Can you please answer these specifically:

1. Can IC get worse over time?
  2. How likely is it that IC cause scarring of the bladder?
  3. Will bladder capacity get less and less over time?
#

1. Interstitial cystitis course is unpredictable and may get worse and affect sexual functions if untreated.
  2. One of the strongest theories is a leak in the epithelium causing some irritating substances to cause inflammation which may later lead to scarring over time.
  3. Scarring over time causes a decrease in the bladder capacity. UTI is one of the theories.

For more information consult an internal medicine physician online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/internal-medicine-physician

|