Q. Why do I have a strong urge to urinate?

Dr. Megha Tuli Gupta
This is a premium question & answer published on Mar 27, 2016 and last reviewed on: Oct 09, 2018

In the morning, I have a strong and frequent urge to pass urine. It continues for an hour or two. After urinating normally, only droppings take place. Today, a few drops of blood also came. My intake of water is about 2 liters a day. There is no discharge or itching. Throughout the day it is normal. This symptom is persisting for the last three to four days. I am a thyroid patient as well as diabetic and also on medication for high BP.

#

It seems you have developed urinary tract infection (UTI).

It is common in diabetic patients to develop infection despite good water intake.

I suggest you get urine routine and microscopy along with urine culture sensitivity done. Take antibiotics accordingly.

Let me know the result, so that I can help you with the prescription. All the best. Hope you get well soon.

Revert back after the test to an obstetrician and gynaecologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/obstetrician-and-gynaecologist

|