Q. What does chronic mild interstitial prominence in the chest x-ray report reveal?

Dr. Amit Jauhari

I recently went to the ER because of the worst shortness of breathe within seconds while lying down. I have never had this in my life, and it lasted several minutes before it started to go away gradually. I felt like I was suffocating and came close to losing consciousness. When they did x-rays, they told me that I had pneumonia. But the test results were mild central interstitial prominence, which appears chronic in nature, and the doctor did not even bring up to me. When I got back home from the hospital, the severe shortness of breath started occurring again. But rolling on my side before it became full-blown had made it stop.

What does mild central interstitial prominence, which appears chronic in nature, even mean, and what could cause it? When I searched for it on the internet, it directs me to interstitial lung disease. Kindly guide me.

I am currently on Diclofenac sodium EC 75 mg, Bupropion SR 200 mg, Quetiapine 50 mg, Sertraline 100 mg, levofloxacin 500 mg, Pantoprazole EC 20 mg, Baclofen 10 mg, Cyclobenzaprine 10 mg, Hydroxyzine HCl 25 mg.

#

Interstitial lung disease (ILD) is a serious, progressive, chronic group of lung disease, which occurs in patients who usually have underlying chronic diseases like diabetes, thyroid issues, arthritis, etc.

First of all, none of the medications prescribed to you can better ILD. They are only for infection.

Secondly, you need to undergo extensive testing to determine the cause and form of ILD in your case.

Start with HRCT (high-resolution computed tomography), thorax (contrast version), and hs-CRP (high-sensitive C-reactive protein) test.

Do not use tobacco, alcohol, OTC medicines, etc. Take a detail of work and living area pollutants.

You can send your reports for further advice.

| 

Is shortness of breath related to thyroid issues?

Query: Hi doctor, I had little shortness of breath with thick neck gland for a month. As I was on Thyronorm 50 mcg, I underwent a blood test for thyroid and here are my results: Free T3 2.50 pg/mL ( 1.4-4.4).Free T4 1.18 ng/dL (0.8-1.8).TSH (Ultrasensitive) 8.31 μIU/mL (0.45-4.5). I had increased the dos...  Read Full »

I have breathing trouble and cough in spite of taking TB medicines. What should I do?

Query: Hello doctor, I have tuberculosis and have been taking medicines for three and half months.  Now, I have a breathing problem and cough.  Read Full »

Are breathlessness with chest pain and fatigue signs of severe illness?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 50-year-old male, six feet tall, weighs about 100 kg. I feel breathlessness on exertion (even during simple walking, bending, etc.) and fatigued. I also face night-time breathing issues (OSA). I am not able to use CPAP (continuous positive airway pressure). I also suffer from freq...  Read Full »

Vitamin D and COVID-19
Did you know COVID-19 patients with vitamin D deficiency are twice as likely to have severe complications, including dea...  Read more»
The New 'Super-Spreader' Strain of Coronavirus
A new variant of SARS-CoV-2, the virus that causes COVID-19, is spreading fast in parts of the UK. Read how this new var...  Read more»
How to treat my mother's sigmoid colon ulcer?
Hi doctor, My mother, who is 45 years old, has ulcers in the sigmoid colon for the last 15 years. The problem got reduce...  Read more»

Ask a Pulmonologist Now