Hrct

I feel sudden chest discomfort and breathlessness. Please help.

Query: Hi doctor, I am a girl of 20. My height is 167 cm and weight is 75 kg. Over the past one week, I am having high discomfort and pain in my right chest when I breathe. The pain radiates to the right shoulder and right arm too. When I sneeze or blow my nose up, the pain is severe. I cannot explain this...  Read Full »

Dr. Kartik Sood

Pulmonologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. As you have a history of frequent chest infections in the past, which were associated with wheezing, secretions and fever as well, I would suggest you to consult a pulmonologist or a chest physician in person. Your symptom of chest pain, which increases on deep respiratio...  Read Full »

How is IPF diagnosed?

Query: Hello doctor, I was diagnosed with IPF last week. My two x-rays, two lung function tests and HRCT scan showing that I had scarring. But I am confused, because I feel better than I have felt in 10 years. I have always smoked and had cough for years. I have been on a diet and have lost one stone so fa...  Read Full »

General Medicine Physician, General Practitioner, Internal Medicine Physician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. IPF (idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis)  is a chronic, progressive and idiopathic disease. It is usually seen in old age. In this lungs become fibrosed, thickened and stiff. So, all capacities are reduced and due to this oxygenation is hampered. Your home tests are within no...  Read Full »

Why do I have intercostal strain and blood in sputum?

Query: Hello doctor, Recently, I was diagnosed with an intercostal strain. The symptoms are pain in the area of strain and swelling. Unfortunately, I have developed a frightening symptom where I am coughing up blood coated mucus. My father who worked as an EMT says that it is not an emergency and that I sh...  Read Full »

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Blood in sputum should not be ignored and should be taken seriously. The causes could be bronchitis, bronchiectasis, lung abscess, etc. High rate of cigarette smoking is the main underlying cause for the above mentioned pathological diseases. You have to undergo several ...  Read Full »

Why do I hear strange noise at night?

Query: Hi doctor, Around three months back, I started to hear a strange noise at night. We live in a village. Apart from the odd barking dog and passing car, it is silent, especially at night. However, I started to hear what sounded like a distant engine, but it never got any closer. It is almost like a dr...  Read Full »

Dr. Mehak Agarwal

Diabetologist, Family Physician, ENT Otolaryngologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I would advise you get pure tone audiometry and tympanometry. We will know if you have any hearing loss and pressure changes in your ear. Also, in a few thyroid patients, tinnitus is common. But, you should get the above tests done for a correct diagnosis. If they are fin...  Read Full »

What does a lump under collar bone on right side mean?

Query: Hello doctor, I consulted two doctors regarding a lump that I could feel above my left collarbone, whenever I strain or turn my neck. Both the doctors said that it was just a prominent tendon, but gave me an ultrasound to ease my mind. The ultrasound said 'there is a 6 by 4 mm hypoechoic nodule in ...  Read Full »

Dr. Uphar Gupta

General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, General Practitioner

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. There is a lymph node in the left supraclavicular region called as Virchow's node. If enlarged, it may indicate a malignancy of the abdominal region as that is the draining pathway of the lymph from that area. A lymph node from cancer is generally very hard to palpa...  Read Full »

Kindly interpret my chest x-ray.

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 36 year old male. For mild chest pain, I have got my chest x-ray PA view done as suggested by my rheumatologist. My doctor said that x-ray report shows changes of chronic bronchitis in both lungs more in lower zones and old fibrotic scarring is seen in left apex. I am suffering fro...  Read Full »

Criticalcare Physician, Diabetologist, General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, Medical Gastroenterologist, Nephrologist, Pulmonologist, Rheumatologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. We are here to help you. You are suffering from rheumatoid arthritis and the findings of your chest x-ray (attachment removed to protect patient identity) can be due to the following reasons: Smoking. Allergy. Rheumatoid related interstitial lung disease (ILD)...  Read Full »

Would emphysema been shown on a CT scan and chest x-ray?

Query: Hello doctor, I had a chest x-ray and chest ct scan done. And they both came back normal. If I had emphysema would it have shown up on one of those two tests?  Read Full »

Dr. Vivek Chail

Family Physician, General Practitioner, Radiodiagnosis Physician, Radiologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Significant emphysema in the lungs would have been visualized in the x-rays. Early stages of emphysema are difficult to see on x-ray and are visualized only on HRCT (high-resolution computerized tomography) chest scan. If X-rays are normal then more likely that you ...  Read Full »

I have dry and itchy cough. Can this be due to silicosis?

Query: Hello doctor, I have no familial history of asthma or COPD. I am a 38-year-old male, 30 BMI with prehypertension which I am trying to manage first with diet and exercise. Parents both have hypertension. Two years ago, I became a new home-owner and decided to do some home repairs on my own. I was s...  Read Full »

Dr. Chandra Shekhar

Family Physician, General Practitioner, Pulmonologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Two or three things are there in your diagnosis. Silicosis. Upper airways cough syndrome. Asthma with ABPA (allergic bronchopulmonary aspergillosis). You should go for some investigation like HRCT(high-resolution computed tomography) thorax, X-ray chest PA (post...  Read Full »

How can bronchiectasis be treated?

Query: Hello doctor, I am 31 years old. I am suffering from high BP and I am currently on medication. I have no thyroid issues, no diabetes, and normal lipids. ECG and echo both are normal. But, the main problem is a little breathing difficulty. The X-ray of the chest is clear normal but the HRCT of the c...  Read Full »

Dr. Chandra Shekhar

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I saw your all reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity) and want to say something. Your probable diagnosis is bronchiectasis. Early bronchiectasis does not mean you are a patient of bronchiectasis. Also, you have atelectasis. So, send me a picture ...  Read Full »

Does my echo report indicate any bigger issue?

Query: Hi doctor,I had anterior myocardial infarction five years back, and I was on medications until angiogram and angioplasty were done last year. My last month echo report states, mid anterior septum, anterior wall, and anterolateral wall thinned and hypokinetic. Apical septum, LV apex thinned, and akin...  Read Full »

Cardiologist, General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, Family Physician, General Practitioner

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. These are changes due to AWMI (anterior wall myocardial infarction). You are having dysfunction of the heart, which is of moderate intensity. It is a significant dysfunction, but manageable. Normal functioning of the heart is more than 55 %, and yours is 40 %. Surviv...  Read Full »