Q. Will I get my periods correctly by next cycle?

Dr. Salah Saad Shoman

I had a medical abortion about two months back. Last month, I did not get my natural periods. So, this month I took the tablet Primolut N and got my period. I took FSH and LH test and it was in 1:1 ratio. On the 12th day of my LMP, I took a follicular scan. There was no follicle seen in both the ovaries. The ovaries showed the features of PCOD with no adnexal lesions. Will I get my period correctly by next month? When can I try for a pregnancy?

Dr. Salah Saad Shoman

#

• Polycystic ovary syndrome may lead to a lack of ovulation or delayed ovulation. So, lack of ovulation on the 12th day of the last menstrual period does not mean that ovulation will not happen this month, it may be just delayed.
  • I suggest that you follow up the ovulation on the 15th, 17th, 19th and 21st day of the last menstrual period.

For further information consult an internal medicine physician online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/internal-medicine-physician

|