iCliniq logo

Ask a Doctor Online Now

HomeAnswersDermatologyirritant dermatitisI have itchy small bumps over the face. Please help

How to get rid of itchy, small bumps in face?

The following is an actual conversation between an iCliniq user and a doctor that has been reviewed and published as a Premium Q&A.

Answered by

Dr. Suvash Sahu

Medically reviewed by

iCliniq medical review team

Published At July 11, 2016
Reviewed AtDecember 27, 2023

Patient's Query

Hi doctor,

I am in my teenage now. I have these small bumps all over my face and I think it is an allergic reaction. What is the fastest way to treat and get rid of this? I believe that it is from the cleanser, which I used recently. The bumps are small, but I have a lot of them on my chin, cheeks and under my eyes. They are itchy and I do not like the way they look and it makes me self-conscious. I am currently using Claritin. Please help.

Answered by Dr. Suvash Sahu


Welcome to icliniq.com.

I have seen your concern in the given video (attachment removed to protect patient identity). It looks like you are having irritant contact dermatitis or maybe acneiform eruptions (skin condition that resembles acne vulgaris), but with your descriptions the duration is not clear. Since how long have you been having this? You can use Moisturex calm lotion (combination of Calamine and Liquid Paraffin) twice daily and continue the Claritin tablet (Loratadine) once daily for at least five days. Consult your specialist doctor, discuss with him or her, and take the medicine with consent. Never use the same product in the future, because it can aggravate your problem on subsequent exposure.

Same symptoms don't mean you have the same problem. Consult a doctor now!

Dr. Suvash Sahu
Dr. Suvash Sahu


Community Banner Mobile
By subscribing, I agree to iCliniq's Terms & Privacy Policy.

Ask your health query to a doctor online


*guaranteed answer within 4 hours

Disclaimer: No content published on this website is intended to be a substitute for professional medical diagnosis, advice or treatment by a trained physician. Seek advice from your physician or other qualified healthcare providers with questions you may have regarding your symptoms and medical condition for a complete medical diagnosis. Do not delay or disregard seeking professional medical advice because of something you have read on this website. Read our Editorial Process to know how we create content for health articles and queries.

This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. iCliniq privacy policy