I got skin lesions after using a nose pore strip. Please help.

Q. What do for skin lesion on nose after using nose pore strip?

Answered by
Dr. Suvash Sahu
and medically reviewed by iCliniq medical review team.
This is a premium question & answer published on May 23, 2016 and last reviewed on: Jul 03, 2023

Hi doctor,

I am a 29-year-old female. I washed my face and did not apply moisturizer or any other thing. Then I placed the Biore pore strip on my nose. While removing it, it ripped my skin. It was red, burns bad, liquid comes out of it, and looks like a huge blister. I had this for about almost three weeks ago. I tired alcohol, which makes it burn. Also tried Neosporin, Vaseline, and aloe vera. I have consulted a doctor and he asked me to try Mometasone or Hydrocortisone or Triamcinolone or Naftin one at a time for about three to four days. It itches and burns. I did not find any improvement in healing. Please help.



Welcome to icliniq.com.

I have read your concern and understand your problem. You developed irritant contact dermatitis to Biore strip chemical. It is a localized disease confined to areas of exposure and may aggravate on subsequent exposure.

Investigations to be done:

Patch test.

Probable diagnosis:

Irritant contact dermatitis.

Treatment plan:

1. I suggest Potassium permanganate compress. Take two crystals of Potassium permanganate and dissolve it in half bucket of tap water. Then take a clean gauge, immerse it in this solution and keep over the affected area for three to five minutes. Repeat it twice daily for five days.

2. After cleaning the area just apply Fluticasone and Fusidic acid combination twice daily for five days.

3. I also suggest tablet Levocetirizine once daily for five days. Consult your doctor, discuss with him or her and take the medicine with consent.

Preventive measures:

Never in future use Biore strip. Before using any new product first of all do patch test.

Regarding follow up:

Revert back after five days to a dermatologist online.---> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/dermatologist

Was this answer helpful?


Same symptoms doesn’t mean you have the same problem. Consult a doctor now!

Related Questions:
I took Flonase for hay fever and had chest tightness. Can I continue taking it?

.. is an intranasal steroid spray that has very less systemic absorption. It will help relieve allergy symptoms and will not cause wheezing. In fact, for wheezing, you may need another steroid, like an inhalant steroid using inhaler or Rotavap (rotary eva   Read full

Kindly suggest management of recurrent rashes in the neck.

.. examined the pictures as well as the details sent by you (attachment removed to protect patient identity). I find a similarity of the condition with irritant dermatitis complicated by steroid dependence.   Read full

There is a skin problem behind my ear where the specs rest. Why?

.. basically frictional dermatitis, which has left behind pigmentation. Do not use Fusiwal-M cream (Mometasone furoate and Fusidic acid) as there is no inflammation. It will take time for pigmentation to resolve.   Read full

Also Read Answers From:

ideaComprehensive Medical Second Opinion.Submit your Case

Also Read

PCOS and Liver Problems
The hormonal imbalances in polycystic ovary syndrome could cause liver diseases. Read the article to know the relationship between these medical conditions.  Read more»
Inferior Alveolar Nerve Lateralization Technique
The inferior alveolar nerve lateralization technique is a surgical lateralization technique to reposition the nerve. Read the article to know more about this.  Read more»
COVID-19 and Ebola: Similarities and Differences
This article gives a comparison and broader overview of the outbreak of the two deadliest diseases that showed a greater incidence over the last two decades.  Read more»

Ask your health query to a doctor online?

Ask a Dermatologist Now

* guaranteed answer within 4 hours.

Disclaimer: No content published on this website is intended to be a substitute for professional medical diagnosis, advice or treatment by a trained physician. Seek advice from your physician or other qualified healthcare providers with questions you may have regarding your symptoms and medical condition for a complete medical diagnosis. Do not delay or disregard seeking professional medical advice because of something you have read on this website. Read our Editorial Process to know how we create content for health articles and queries.