Q. How to get rid of the red itching spots on penis?

Dr. Nadimpalli Sai Kranthi Kumar Varma
This is a premium question & answer published on Dec 26, 2016 and last reviewed on: Feb 17, 2021

I have red spots on my penis and it is very itchy in nature. Now, there is a rash-like thing on my penis. Currently, I am using Candid B cream. Please help me.

#

Please provide the below details to arrive at a definitive diagnosis and to suggest a proper treatment plan.

• Could you be more specific on the type of the lesion? When and how did it start initially?
  • Are you married? If yes, then does your partner suffer from any white discharge?
  • Are you a diabetic?
  • If possible, please post a few clear images of the present condition, so as to have visual confirmation of your symptoms.

Revert back with the details to a dermatologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/dermatologist

Thank you doctor,

I am married and my wife does not have any problem. I am diabetic and am taking Glimstar M1 forte. I am uploading the images.

#

• From the pictures (attachment removed to protect patient identity), it can be seen that there is a few radial fissures and redness surrounding the fissures. This is most commonly seen in diabetics.
  • Nothing to worry about. I am suggesting you a few medications. Consult a specialized doctor, discuss with him or her and take the medicines with consent.

1. Fasting blood sugar.
2. Postprandial blood sugar.
3. HbA1c

Candidal balanoposthitis.

1) Tablet Syscan (Fluconazole) 150 mg, one tablet per week for four weeks.
2) Daktarin gel (Miconazole) for external use twice daily.
3) Tablet Vozet (Levocetirizine) 5 mg, daily one tablet at bedtime for 10 days.

1) Avoid use of excessive soaps for cleaning and use lukewarm water to clean.
2) Avoid intercourse for a few days until the present condition comes down.
3) Control blood glucose levels.

Revert back after 15 days to a dermatologist online.---> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/dermatologist

|