Q. Will Cetirizine help reduce the itching in my penis?

I took Norflox-TZ in the morning for loose motions but, in the afternoon my penis started itching.

#

I went through your query.

• Firstly, one should not take antibiotics for ordinary loose motions unless the diarrhea is infective.
  • Itching in the penis could be allergic but, it should be associated with itching in the other parts of the body.
  • I suggest you take Levocetirizine and Montelukast combination like Telikast L twice daily. Keep the penis dry and stop antibiotics.

For more information consult an internal medicine physician online --> https://icliniq.com./ask-a-doctor-online/internal-medicine-physician

Right now, I do not have the medicine you mentioned but, I do have Okacet (Cetirizine hydrochloride). Can I take this?

#

• Yes, you can take Cetirizine. It is good enough and should relieve the issue.

Thanks for the reply. I took it once, but the itching is still there. Should I continue taking it?

#

• You can take it twice a day, twelve hours apart, for a period of five days.

For further queries consult an internal medicine physician online --> https://icliniq.com./ask-a-doctor-online/internal-medicine-physician

|