Q. Can my continuous itching and increased leucocyte count be interrelated?

Dr. Smit Uttam Janrao

I am suffering from a blood infection. My leucocytes count is 11,900/cmm. I am currently on Allegra and Atarax. I have continuous itching and redness of the body and face for the last 20 to 22 days. Kindly let me know what should I do.

#

• Itching over the body and face can occur because of an allergy or a skin infection or because of kidney and liver problems.
  • An increase in the leucocyte count is body's response to the underlying health issue.
  • I suggest you take tablet Montair LC (Levocetirizine and Montelukast) at bedtime for 10 days. Consult your specialist doctor, discuss with him or her and take the above medicines with their consent.
  • You need to do a routine blood investigation and get an absolute eosinophil count. You need to get your liver function tests, kidney function tests, and routine urine tests.
  • Follow up with the results.

For more information consult an internal medicine physician online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/internal-medicine-physician

|