Q. Can my continuous itching and increased leucocyte count be interrelated?

Dr. Smit Uttam Janrao
Published on Nov 17, 2017

I am suffering from a blood infection. My leucocytes count is 11,900/cmm. I am currently on Allegra and Atarax. I have continuous itching and redness of the body and face for the last 20 to 22 days. Kindly let me know what should I do.

Dr. Smit Uttam Janrao

#

• Itching over the body and face can occur because of an allergy or a skin infection or because of kidney and liver problems.
  • An increase in the leucocyte count is body's response to the underlying health issue.
  • I suggest you take tablet Montair LC (Levocetirizine and Montelukast) at bedtime for 10 days. Consult your specialist doctor, discuss with him or her and take the above medicines with their consent.
  • You need to do a routine blood investigation and get an absolute eosinophil count. You need to get your liver function tests, kidney function tests, and routine urine tests.
  • Follow up with the results.

For more information consult an internal medicine physician online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/internal-medicine-physician

| 

Can I take Levocet M for itchy throat?

Query: Hi doctor, I had a problem of nose block and my ENT surgeon suggested me to go for a nose operation. As per doctor instruction, operation of my nose was carried out before three months. Now my nose is almost fine, but still I feel that something is there in my throat. I also feel itchy throat and e...  Read Full »

Why am I having cold draining nose and body pain?

Query: Hello doctor, I have a cold draining nose and body pain. Please help.  Read Full »