Q. I have itchy water bubbles on my fingers. What could it be?

Dr. Chaitra Prakash
This is a premium question & answer published on Dec 24, 2015 and last reviewed on: Jul 24, 2019

I have water bubbles on my fingers and they are itchy. when I am out in sunlight or when my body heats up, I have a feeling like thousands of ants are crawling and biting my body and my body starts itching. I am very worried. I maintain good hygiene. Kindly help.

#

I went through the details you have provided and feel it be an allergic condition of skin known as pompholyx. Pompholyx generally causes itching of the hands and feet. Since these body parts directly come in contact with external objects on a day to day basis.

The substances that aggravate this condition are pollen, chemicals in detergents, paints, solvents and rubber materials. When you have an allergy, it is advisable that you stay away from the allergens. There are chances of blisters to be infected. Hence, do not puncture them.

To control itching, I would suggest you to start taking tablet Cetirizine. Based on the severity, you may need oral and topical steroids. Kindly consult a dermatologist for a prescription to the above.

Skin irritation that is caused when you are out in sunlight might be because of rosacea or can also be a cause of sensitivity to a particular wavelength.

For this, I would advise you to start using a sunscreen with an SPF30 (sun protection factor) regularly. You may also need oral anti-oxidants and photoprotective medications that are prescription based. Avoid taking hot beverages and spicy foods.

My main concern is that these water bubbles appear for few days and disappear later. Please guide.

#

These blisters will be tiny, but not deep. They usually get exfoliated along with dead skin. Treatment is required only if any symptoms are present.

|