Q. How to treat itchy bumps and rashes in the genital area?

Dr. Asmeet Kaur Sawhney
Published on Apr 02, 2016 and last reviewed on: Oct 09, 2018

I have rashes on my leg and arms. It started a month ago. I am applying steroid cream for that. Two days back started appearing in genital areas too. Kindly help me.

Dr. Asmeet Kaur Sawhney

Cosmetology Dermatology Venereology
#

I have reviewed the attached photographs (attachments removed to protect patient identity).

I can see few fluid filled blisters. Please answer few questions of mine.

• Is the rash itchy or painful? If itchy, is it more during the day or night?
  • Does the rash appear in the form of red bumps or fluid filled blisters?
  • Do you have any other ailment? Are you taking any medicine for some other disease?
  • Is there a history of similar complaints in the family? Have you applied anything new on the body?

I would also recommend you to upload the pictures of the rash on the arms and leg so that the condition becomes clearer.

Revert back with more photographs to a dermatologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/dermatologist

| 

They appeared like bumps and the itching happens when they start to appear. Then I use steroids to stop it. I am taking Zoloft antidepressant, Nebilet for blood pressure and some vitamins. This condition is not running in the family. Yesterday big one appeared in the base of the penis. With the use of steroids it went smaller. I went to a doctor here and he said it as eczema due to stress. Is it true?

Dr. Asmeet Kaur Sawhney

Cosmetology Dermatology Venereology
#

According to your history and the photographs (attachment removed to protect patient identity) it seems to be scabies which is a mite infection affecting the skin.

I recommend you to apply Permethrin lotion 30 ml on the entire body from neck downwards to the toes excluding the face and head. It is to be applied at bedtime and in the morning you can have a bath.

Along with this all your clothing, bed sheet and blanket should be washed in 3-4 days duration in hot water.

You have to apply this Permethrin lotion again for 10 days in the same manner as mentioned above.

Along with this take tablet Ivermectin 18 mg single tablet stat .This is for 15 days.

Besides this for itching take antihistaminic like tablet Levocetirizine once or twice daily depending on the itching.

On the bumps you can apply corticosteroid cream like Clobetasol propionate twice daily. It will take around three weeks to get resolved.

For further information consult a dermatologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/dermatologist

| 

How to treat itching present all over my body?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 22 year old male and weighing 64 kg. My main problem is I have itching all over my body, but there is no rash. Please help.  Read Full »

What causes a cluster of bumps on the penis?

Query: Hi doctor, I am 29 years of age. I had unprotected sex and I am having sex with the same partner for more than a year and a half. Suddenly, I got itching sensation and found that I have got itchy bumps on my penis which started clustering together. Later, it healed automatically. I also found when ...  Read Full »