Q. How do I confirm jaundice?

Dr. Divakara P
Published on Nov 05, 2015 and last reviewed on: Oct 09, 2018

I am a 37 year old male. I did my medical test two days before. My liver function test reports are not good. Do I have jaundice? But I do not feel any symptoms. Do I need any further tests?

Dr. Divakara P

Diabetology Endocrinology General Medicine Internal Medicine Pain Medicine Pulmonology (Asthma Doctors)
#

Welcome to icliniq.com. I went through your reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity).

• Yes, you do have jaundice. But the level of jaundice is mild. It can occur due to any viral infection.
  • There are two options:- Wait for 6 weeks and repeat LFT or straight away get further testing to know the cause of jaundice. Either way is fine but, I recommend the first option.
  • Your LDL cholesterol level is high. You require a medicine called Roseday (Rosuvastatin) 10 mg every night for at least 3 months to control cholesterol. But this you can start once your liver status has been resolved.

For further information consult a medical gastroenterologist online -->  https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/medical-gastroenterologist

My brother gets jaundice every 3 to 4 months. Why?

Query: Hello doctor, My brother has jaundice, which comes after every three to four months. He feels very low and lazy, and his body becomes yellow. He also has a fever. We do not know why he gets sick every three months. The doctors say that the number of cells in his body that are getting destroyed are...  Read Full »

What is Ecosprin AV 75 used for?

Query: Hi doctor, Sometimes, my father used to get chest pain. Angiography showed that he has a LAD bridging and vessels are normal and clear. His echo is normal. His BP, blood sugar and cholesterol are normal. After the chest pain, he was given the following medicines for one year. They are Stator, Is...  Read Full »

How can jaundice be treated in a 4-year-old?

Query: Hello doctor, My 4-year-old daughter with a weight of 12 kg has jaundice for the last 10 days. She is on HepaMerz Syrup and Mosegor-V Syrup. What should be done more to cure her?  Read Full »