Please suggest a medicine for jaundice.

Q. Please suggest a medicine for jaundice.

Answered by
Dr. Srivastava, Sumit
and medically reviewed by iCliniq medical review team.
This is a premium question & answer published on Apr 14, 2016 and last reviewed on: Jun 26, 2023

Hi doctor,

I am a 22 year old male. I am suffering from jaundice. I used to smoke and drink. But, I have quite since 15 days. Last week my eyes became yellow and after that I had my blood test and hepatitis test. I am uploading the report. Please suggest me medicine and further diet plan.



Welcome to You are suffering from hepatitis and the cause of which is most probably alcohol. Your hepatitis B and C antibody tests are negative ruling out viral hepatitis. I would suggest you to avoid alcohol intake and ensure good nutrition; take fat free diet and salt free high protein diet. Take rest for a minimum of two weeks. Reduction of physical activity reduces metabolic demands of liver and increases the renal perfusion. Take supplemental vitamins and minerals, that includes folate and thiamine sufficiently. You can take tablet Liv.52 (liver care) two tablets thrice daily. Syrup Jaundex two tablespoon twice daily. Repeat your tests after one month and do an ultrasound abdomen as well.

Hello doctor,

I used to not drink alcohol so heavily and from now on I will not drink. Kindly, suggest me some substitute for sugarcane juice. Will my liver recover?



Welcome back to Yes, you will recover. It does not matter whether you are heavy drinker or not. Complete abstinence from alcohol is required. Also, if you are taking any medicine like Paracetamol, then stop taking it. It will further worsen liver injury. I would also suggest you to carry out ultrasound examination of your liver to rule out any other cause other than alcohol if you have not done it yet. Avoid taking sugarcane juice, because if you get infected, then damage to liver will be more. Avoid fried and fatty food completely. You can take buttermilk and coconut water for every two to three days. Eat vegetables like bottle gourd, ridge gourd and plenty of green leafy vegetables.

Was this answer helpful?


Same symptoms doesn’t mean you have the same problem. Consult a doctor now!

Related Questions:
Why did the ultrasound scan at the eighth week show 5.5 weeks baby with no heartbeat?

Hello doctor, The first ultrasound scan at six weeks showed a baby with heartbeats ... According to me, I am three months pregnant, then why did the scan show only f   Read full

I have a very lean body build. I want to increase my muscle mass. Give me a diet suggestion

Hi doctor, I am a 19 year old second year MBBS student. I have been suffering from central headaches for the past two years. It is progressing in frequency and intensity. It increases on bending, sneezing and straining.   Read full

Can hepatitis C be transferred if the blood is in a dried state?

Hi doctor, I am a 19 year old second year MBBS student. I have been suffering from central headaches for the past two years. It is progressing in frequency and intensity. It increases on bending, sneezing and straining.   Read full

Also Read Answers From:

ideaComprehensive Medical Second Opinion.Submit your Case

Also Read

PCOS and Liver Problems
The hormonal imbalances in polycystic ovary syndrome could cause liver diseases. Read the article to know the relationship between these medical conditions.  Read more»
Inferior Alveolar Nerve Lateralization Technique
The inferior alveolar nerve lateralization technique is a surgical lateralization technique to reposition the nerve. Read the article to know more about this.  Read more»
COVID-19 and Ebola: Similarities and Differences
This article gives a comparison and broader overview of the outbreak of the two deadliest diseases that showed a greater incidence over the last two decades.  Read more»

Ask your health query to a doctor online?

Ask an Internal Medicine Physician Now

* guaranteed answer within 4 hours.

Disclaimer: No content published on this website is intended to be a substitute for professional medical diagnosis, advice or treatment by a trained physician. Seek advice from your physician or other qualified healthcare providers with questions you may have regarding your symptoms and medical condition for a complete medical diagnosis. Do not delay or disregard seeking professional medical advice because of something you have read on this website. Read our Editorial Process to know how we create content for health articles and queries.