I have jaw pain while clenching my jaw together and opening my mouth wide. It has pained only on the left side where my two jaw bones meet in the back of the mouth or jaw. I took Advil and the pain has reduced. May I know the reason for this? Please explain.
Welcome to icliniq.com.
Stressful times may lead to bruxism.Investigations to be done:
Palpation of tender muscles, x-ray of that region and physical evaluation by a dentist to check for any swelling or click with opening or closing or any associated malocclusion.Differential diagnosis:
1. Wisdom tooth eruption.
2. Caries tooth with or without abscess.
Myofascial pain dysfunction syndrome.Treatment plan:
1. Take soft food for four weeks.
2. A mild muscle relaxant with an analgesic as suggested by your dentist.
3. Give warm compression to the affected joint area using a hot towel or water bag.
4. Can opt for physiotherapy exercises, if pain does not subside in the next 15 days.
5. If stress is the cause, then consult a psychotherapist for stress reduction by pharmacological or therapeutic measures.
1. Eliminate stress by following yoga or meditation.
2. Ask family members to check if you are grinding your teeth during the night and then consult your dentist to get a night guard to prevent harmful effects of grinding.
For further information consult a dentist online.---> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/dentist
Was this answer helpful?|
Same symptoms doesn’t mean you have the same problem. Consult a doctor now!
.. understand the fear you have not to go to the dentist but please do not risk your health because of the fear of coronavirus. There are precautions to that and the dentist will also be taking precautions as the state has already issued guidelines f... Read fullI have jaw pain because of an impacted wisdom tooth. What should I do?
I had a root canal treatment done ... The doctor said root canal treatment ... Read fullI have an abscessed tooth with swollen face. Is it a matter of concern?
Hello doctor, I have an abscessed tooth and have been on antibiotics for three days ... I have gone through your question and I can understand your concern about your toothache and facial swelling ... Read full
Ask your health query to a doctor online?Ask a Dentist Now