Q. Can menopause cause joint pain?

Dr. Atul Prakash

I am 33 years old and a mother of 6 years old twin babies. I have been experiencing pain in the joints of my arms for 20 days, and I have polycystic ovary disease (PCOD). I have reached menopause because I did not have periods for a year. I take Calcium supplements, and my random blood sugar level before having food is 100 mg/L.

#

Menopause is very unlikely, considering your age. Is the joint pain due to swelling? Since how many days have you been noticing it? Did the pain last for more than half an hour in the mornings? Did you experience any urinary tract infections in the past? What are your vitamin D levels and erythrocyte sedimentation rate (ESR)? If you are taking calcium, I suggest you take it with vitamin D. You might need to consult a gynecologist to assess amenorrhea. I suggest you try a course of anti-inflammatory tablets for ten days.

|