HomeAnswersInternal Medicinejoint painCan you please suggest medicines and exercises for joint pain?

My mother is having tremendous pain in her joints. Can you suggest medicines and exercises?


The following is an actual conversation between an iCliniq user and a doctor that has been reviewed and published as a Premium Q&A.

Medically reviewed by

Dr. Sneha Kannan

Published At June 30, 2020
Reviewed AtApril 10, 2021

Patient's Query

Hi doctor,

My mother underwent a hysterectomy surgery before few months. Now she is having tremendous pain in her joints. She is unable to walk without proper support. She has more pain in her knee, ankle, and finger joints. What can I do? Please suggest medicine and exercise for having relief from pain.


Welcome to icliniq.com.

There are many causes for having joint pain. The causes are osteoarthritis and rheumatoid arthritis. I suggest you take X-rays of her both knees and hands. She needs to do ESR (erythrocyte sedimentation rate), CRP (C-reactive protein), anti-CCP (anti-citrullinated peptides), SSPT (alanine transaminase), SGOT (aspartate transaminase), BUN (blood urea nitrogen), creatinine, and RF (rheumatoid factor). In the meantime, suggest your mother to take Paracetamol 650 mg three times a day and Celecoxib 200 mg one tablet twice a day for pain. She can apply Diclofenac gel on the affected area and do a warm compress for having relief from pain. For exercise, she needs to undergo a range of motion exercise within the pain-free range and isometric exercise. You can consult a physiotherapist for further guidance.

Same symptoms don't mean you have the same problem. Consult a doctor now!

Dr. Peter Bryant Rapsing Grutas
Dr. Peter Bryant Rapsing Grutas

General Medicine

Community Banner Mobile
By subscribing, I agree to iCliniq's Terms & Privacy Policy.

Ask your health query to a doctor online

Internal Medicine

*guaranteed answer within 4 hours

Disclaimer: No content published on this website is intended to be a substitute for professional medical diagnosis, advice or treatment by a trained physician. Seek advice from your physician or other qualified healthcare providers with questions you may have regarding your symptoms and medical condition for a complete medical diagnosis. Do not delay or disregard seeking professional medical advice because of something you have read on this website. Read our Editorial Process to know how we create content for health articles and queries.

This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. iCliniq privacy policy