Osteoarthritis

Will glucosamine taken for osteoarthritis interact with Clopidogrel?

Query: Hello doctor, I have osteoarthritis of shoulders. Which glucosamine products do not interact with Clopidogrel? What medication or supplement can I take?  Read Full »

Dr. Atul Prakash

Fitness Expert, Orthopaedician And Traumatologist, Physiotherapist, Spine Health Specialist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I am assuming, based on the drugs, you are in your middle ages. Without knowing your medical condition and why are you on Clopidogrel, I am assuming that you may have a cardiac condition that needs anti-platelet medicines. Also, arthritis of the shoulder is rather ...  Read Full »

What is the best treatment for an 81-year-old woman?

Query: Hi doctor, My mother is 81 years old. She had undergone one left shoulder surgery due to a fracture in the neck of the humerus four years ago. She also had experienced a cerebral stroke resulting partial paralysis of the left hand and the left leg. Now, due to a sudden fall on the ground, she also ...  Read Full »

Dr. Sumit Chawla

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through your history as well as the images attached to it (attachment removed to protect patient identity). Your mother has fractured her right humerus and she also has osteoarthritis in right shoulder and osteoporosis. She had a cerebrovascular accident ca...  Read Full »

Are muscular and joint pain with negative CCP and CRP symptoms of rheumatoid arthritis?

Query: Hello doctor, I am asking a question on behalf of my mother who is currently under investigation for rheumatoid arthritis. Her main symptoms are joint and muscular pain that is consistent throughout the day, swollen joints, and some visible nodules on her fingers. Some blood work has been performe...  Read Full »

Criticalcare Physician, Diabetologist, General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, Medical Gastroenterologist, Nephrologist, Pulmonologist, Rheumatologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. It seems she has more of osteoarthritis than rheumatoid arthritis. The nodules you have marked in the photograph (attachment removed to protect patient identity) are Heberden's nodes and are classical of osteoarthritis. Involvement of distal interpharyngeal joint of han...  Read Full »

What causes pain and twinges in the groin area during certain movements?

Query: Hi doctor, I have had pain in my lower stomach just above my crotch area for about seven weeks now. When I first went to my doctor with the complaint, he said I could have pulled a muscle. I have made an appointment to go back again, which he told me to do and he advised me to bring a urine sample. ...  Read Full »

Dr. Muhammad M. Hanif Md.

Cardiologist, Criticalcare Physician, General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I feel really sorry for the pain and twinges you feel on certain positions and movements. It really is bothersome and needs attention and care. Your symptoms typically seem to be due to osteoarthritis of the hip joint and that is a medical condition of the hip joint due t...  Read Full »

Can you please suggest medicines and exercises for joint pain?

Query: Hello doctor, My mother went through a hysterectomy surgery few months ago.Now she is having tremendous pain in her joints.She can’t sit without taking support.She feels more pain in her knee, ankle, finger-joints.What should we do sir/mam? Can you prescribe medicine and few exercises that ca...  Read Full »

Dr. Peter Grutas

Internal Medicine Physician, General Medicine Physician

Answer: Hi! Thank you for reaching out I'm sorry she's having these symptoms. There are many causes of joint pain such as osteoarthritis or rheumatoid arthritis. I would recommend that she undergo X-ray of both knees and hands and check her ESR, CRP, Anti-CCP, SGPT/SGOT, BUN, Crea and RF as w...  Read Full »

Can Achilles' tendon weakness make a person fall often?

Query: Hi doctor, I have a question for my mother. My mother is 50 years old. She complains of episodic, sudden loss of weight bearing ability on the left Achilles tendon. This has resulted in two major falls, which resulted in trauma. These are present for past few months and have become more frequent in...  Read Full »

Dr. Sumit Chawla

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through your mother's elaborative history provided here, along with the reports attached (attachment removed to protect patient identity) with this query. She has mild osteoarthritic changes in the lumbosacral region with osteoarthritis knee, anemia, peria...  Read Full »

How to confirm erosive osteoarthritis in hands?

Query: Hello doctor, I have been diagnosed with osteoarthritis in both hands. One doctor suggested erosions in the left hand while another read that the right hand did not see evidence of that. I was wondering what your opinion is, do you agree with osteoarthritis diagnosis and if so is there evidence of ...  Read Full »

Dr. Ismail Kabakus

Radiologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Osteoarthritis is not an autoimmune disorder, so autoimmune markers are expected to be negative. In an osteoarthritic joint, as cartilage is irreversibly destroyed and bone abnormalities develop, movement becomes painful and more difficult. In my opinion, regarding lef...  Read Full »

Can a childhood shoulder fracture cause pain after growing up?

Query: Hi doctor, I am suffering from pain in my right shoulder, hip, knee, foot and lower back. I have a bunion on my right foot. I sometimes feel that my hip is not in place and if moved wrong it will result in knee pain. I broke my collar bone as a child and I am not sure if that would be causing any sh...  Read Full »

General Medicine Physician, General Practitioner, Internal Medicine Physician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. The cause of your pain could be arthritis, low calcium levels and stress. But, looking at your symptoms it is most probably due to osteoarthritis. Clavicle or collar bone fracture does not present with such symptoms so late. I would suggest you to consult an orthopedician...  Read Full »

Why do I have trigger problems in the middle finger of both hands?

Query: Hi doctor, I am having trigger problem in the middle finger of my left hand over a year. But, the same finger of my right hand has now developed the same problem. They are especially bad in the morning and it is difficult to straighten them. I can feel a very heavy click when I do it. I had blood te...  Read Full »

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. The most important information to know would be x-ray of your hands. There are different types of arthritis like autoimmune, osteoarthritis and gout. It could also become worse with your new medications as they can cause bone loss and pain. It may also occur if you have a...  Read Full »

Is pain and swelling common after arthroscopic surgery?

Query: Hello doctor, I did hurt my ankle 2 years ago then went for an MRI 11 months back. The following month I had an arthroscopic surgery (OCD MTD). Now, even after nine months it still swells up, painful and I do not have full range of motion. It hurts a lot when I run or jump. I have been doing physio...  Read Full »

Dr. Sumit Chawla

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have read your query and the MRI reports attached (attachment removed to protect patient identity). You had an osteochondritic lesion of talus (OLT) reputed last year, the fresh MRI shows that the repair done is perfectly fine with no signs of osteoarthritis of ...  Read Full »