Osteoarthritis

Why am I having joint pain with stiffness?

Query: Hello doctor, My height is 169 cm and weight is 95 kg. I am 50 years old, male. For the past three months, I am experiencing stiff fingers joint and pain in the outer ridge of the foot in the morning when I get up. Fingers become fine after some time but pain stays in the foot. This is coming on an...  Read Full »

Dr. Anuj Gupta

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Well for fingers, it could be osteoarthritis because at your age this is something which is most common and it also has morning stiffness. In your foot, it is plantar fascitis. So for treatment, you have to do finger gripping exercises. For that, you can buy a smiley ba...  Read Full »

Can you reverse avascular necrosis?

Query: Hi doctor, I have pain in thighs, hip joints and legs for more than a year. Reports indicate avascular necrosis stage 3. Doctor has recommended me hip replacement. I am really scared of this. Because I did a lot of research on internet about this. I got to know a lot of restriction and risk of dislo...  Read Full »

Dr. Chirag Ashok Berry

Orthopaedician And Traumatologist, Spine Health Specialist, Spine Surgeon

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Thank you for using this platform. From the information you provided, it seems like you have stage 3 avascular necrosis (AVN). While there are numerous causes for AVN and often there is no identifiable cause, the prognosis is not very favorable once you reach stage 3. ...  Read Full »

Do pain and popping sound during jaw movements mean osteoarthritis?

Query: Hello doctor, I am 35 years old, 5 feet 11 inches tall and weight 79 kg. Vegetarian diet. Before two years, due to stomach disturbance and pain and some popup and cracker sound occurred in my knee joints. I visited the doctor and he suggested me for a laboratory test of liver function test and all ...  Read Full »

Dr. K Shanmuganandan

Rheumatologist, Internal Medicine Physician, General Medicine Physician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I went through all the history details and reports. It shows mild osteoarthritis which is not reversible. But if you maintain your weight and exercise, it will halt. Please do quadriceps exercise for knees and for shoulder, bench press. Take a lot of fruits and vegetabl...  Read Full »

I have leg pain which moves around. Is it osteoarthritis?

Query: Hello doctor, I have pain in my left leg which moves around. First in my knee, then in the lower leg, upper leg, etc. I previously had pain in my left arm. An urgent care doctor told me it was osteoarthritis. An X-ray of my knee was done. I was prescribed an anti-inflammation medication.  Read Full »

General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, Rheumatologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Osteoarthritis is a possibility. However, it is associated with pain and swelling of the knee joint and pain is predominantly while walking, especially going upstairs. NSAIDs (nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs) may help. However, physiotherapy and weight reductio...  Read Full »

Suffering from osteopenia and osteoarthritis. Taking AcuCal and FreeFlex. Is it safe to take SAM(S Adenosyl Methionine) to enhance mobility?

Query: Dear Doctor,  My mother is 66 years old. She is having Trigeminal Neuralgia and for which she is taking Lyrica 75mg, Tegritol CR 400 and Symbal 30. And other medication details as below: For Cholesetrol -> Storfib -10mg. For BP -> seloken xl 100mg and amlodac 5mg. For Urinary Incontinence -&g...  Read Full »

Dr. Mohan Krishna

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq and thanks for the query. She can take SAM or MSM (Any one of them). SAM is a safe medication. It is a cartilage protective drug and will help her improve some of the pain in osteoarthritis. For osteoarthritis: you have to remember that these medications like free flex, coll...  Read Full »

Do I have osteoarthritis?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 24 year old female. My BMI is normal. I am fairly active on my feet all day because of work and I used to walk instead of transport. I was a lot more active when I was younger. I used to dance for roughly 20 hours a week and swim five hours a week. Since I have got older and due to...  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. It does seem like osteoarthritis, but I would suggest ruling out rheumatological diseases as well and check vitamin D and repeat it. For your shoulder I would like to know how much is your range of motion.   Read Full »

How to recover from plantar fasciitis and hip pain?

Query: Hello, I am 60 years old. I have plantar fasciitis from one year and two months. It is getting better, but I wanted a second opinion on my MRI done two months ago. Also, since the past two weeks, I have hip pain from the groin to the outer part of the hip in a semi-circle. It is painful to get in ...  Read Full »

Dr. Atul Prakash

Fitness Expert, Orthopaedician And Traumatologist, Physiotherapist, Spine Health Specialist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through your reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity). As far as the plantar fasciitis is concerned, there is evidence on the MRI to suggest that there is some edema on the attachment of the plantar fascia on the calcaneum. As you are gettin...  Read Full »

How to treat stiffness of knees in osteoarthritis patient?

Query: Hello doctor, My father is suffering from osteoarthritis. He has stiffness in knees. Please, advice some good medicine for him.  Read Full »

Dr. Alka

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I just read your query. Take capsule Shallaki and give two tablets two times a day with water after food for ten days. Along with that visit a nearby Panchkarma center and ask for the procedure Janu Basti. It is also helpful in this problem. Consult a nearby Ayurved...  Read Full »

How can neck pain due to degeneration of cervical spine be cured?

Query: Hello doctor, I am facing acute neck pain since last three months and have been diagnosed with moderate degeneration in the cervical spine. Hands get pins and needles feeling sometimes during sleep. Legs get pins and needles feeling if not moved for say more than 10 minutes. Earlier arms were also ...  Read Full »

Dr. Potnuru Srinivaasa Sudhakar

Homeopathic Physician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. You may have cervical osteoarthritis. It is due to cervical spine degeneration. It is due to the wear and tear of cartilage and bones, which are present in the cervical spine. It causes chronic, severe pain and stiffness. Actually, it is age-related problem. Causes for...  Read Full »

Can mixed martial arts help in managing osteoarthritis and sciatica?

Query: Hello doctor, I currently suffer from osteoarthritis and sciatica in my lower back. I have been told by a personal trainer that taking up mixed martial arts classes would be good for my conditions. Can you confirm whether this is correct?  Read Full »

Dr. Jay Indravadan Patel

Physiotherapist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. What I feel is mixed martial arts would damage the tissue more for now until we come up to some level of muscle strength. I would advise you to focus on some exercises which are listed below. This exercise should be gradually increased from week to week and continued...  Read Full »