Q. Are painless red bumps on the skin since childhood due to keratosis pilaris?

Dr. Dilip Kumar Meena

I have had red spots on my arm since I was 12 years old. I would like to know what are they and how to get rid of them?

Kindly advise.

#

I understand your concern. The condition you have is known as keratosis pilaris. It is a harmless skin condition in which tiny bumps form around hair follicles on the lateral parts of the arms and sometimes on the thighs. The condition is asymptomatic and benign and does not require treatment. However, a few topical products might help. I suggest you use topical retinoids like cream Tretinoin 0.05 % once at night and a moisturizer in the morning. This might help reduce the inflammation and flatten the bumps.

Do revert in case of further questions.

|