Q. What are the ways to manage keratosis pilaris?

Dr. Sajeev Kumar
This is a premium question & answer published on Aug 15, 2019 and last reviewed on: Aug 19, 2019

I really have a big skin problem that has ruined my life. I have keratosis pilaris for years and as I have a tic that is to pop up the buttons of my keratosis pilaire, it relieves me when I do that but I am sick of seeing scars everywhere. I visited three dermatologists. The last one gave me medication, at first that disappeared and I was too happy but towards the end, they came back again and I started to burst these buttons. I am fed up. Please tell me what I need to do. How can theses buttons and scars disappear?

Dr. Sajeev Kumar

Child Health Paediatrics
#

The keratosis pilaris cannot be completely cured and it will have a recurrent pattern of coming. Keratosis pilaris is a common, harmless skin condition that causes dry, rough patches and tiny bumps, usually on the upper arms, thighs, cheeks or buttocks. The bumps generally do not hurt or itch. Keratosis pilaris is often considered a variant of normal skin. While there is no cure for keratosis pilaris, these products can help treat those pesky red bumps that show up on the arms and legs. But these red bumps on the skin are very often keratosis pilaris, a harmless (albeit annoying) skin condition caused by a buildup of keratin in the hair follicle. Take care and have a nice time.

| 

What is the treatment for ingrown hair that came after waxing?

Query: Hello doctor, I have an uneven skin tone with dark forehead and dry skin. I want to brighten my complexion. Also, I have small bumps and ingrown hair after waxing. I have attached pictures of the same. Please suggest a treatment.   Read Full »

Was my circumcision botched?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 25 year old male, and I was circumcised as a baby, and I noticed years ago that all around the base of the head of my penis, there are small holes. Every few months I can squeeze a small amount of smelly white stuff, from some of these holes. Was my circumcision botched when I w...  Read Full »

Laser Treatment for Pimples and Pimple Scars

Article Overview: This article will discuss laser treatment for resistant acne, which does not respond to topical therapy. Read Article

Phototherapy, which includes both UVA, UVB and blue-red light is known to have beneficial effects on acne or pimples. Some of the lasers have also been found to be effective in reducing active acne. Active acne means an acne which is red or has pus. The laser is also useful in improving acne sc...  Read Article