Q. Taking Ketoconazole for minor penile fracture, causing anxiety disorder, Is there any treatment?

Dr. E. Venkata Ramana
This is a premium question & answer published on May 21, 2018 and last reviewed on: Jan 20, 2022

Dear Doctor,

I had a minor penile fracture and the doctor recommended Ketoconazole to stop erection. But I am suffering from anxiety disorder and I have heard that one of the side effects of Ketoconazole is depression.

Will this medicine add to my anxiety? Should I continue to take this medicine?

Please give me advice.

#

• Ketoconazole is an anti fungal drug. It is used to treat various fungal infections.
  • Your doctor might have prescribed this drug because it causes less interest in sex and so that the erection can be prevented because of the action of the drug.
  • And yes, depression is one of the side effects of ketoconazole but it is very difficult to point out who will get a side effect and who will not.
  • I advise you to discuss with your doctor regarding this issue and proceed with the drug as per your doctor's advise.

Hope I have answered your query.

|