Q. What can I do to stop the knee cracking sound?

Dr. Lokesh
This is a premium question & answer published on Mar 02, 2017 and last reviewed on: May 14, 2021

I am a 31 year old female. My left knee cracks when I bend my legs. The cracking does not happen when I walk, and it occurs only when I am doing a workout. For example, when I use a rowing machine, my knee pops a lot. I would like to know if there is anything to worry about and problematic. If it is a problem, what can I do to stop this? Thank you in advance.

#

• Crackling is not a problem if you do not have any associated pain with it. But if you have pain, then you need to take care.
  • It can be due to mild wear and tear of the structures in the knee joint.
  • If there is no pain, then all you need to do is the following exercise. Vastus medialis strengthening exercise and hamstring exercise.

Crackling without pain.

If you feel any pain revert back to an orthopaedician and traumatologist online.---> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/orthopaedician-and-traumatologist

|