Q. I still have pain in my knees after a surgery. Should I go for knee replacement?

Dr. Lokesh

I had surgery on my knee. During coughing or yawning, I get a sharp pain on the knee. I am unable to stand for a long time. It hurts a lot. My MRI doctor suggests me to have a replacement on the knee. Please advise.

Dr. Lokesh

Orthopedics And Traumatology Spine Health Spine Surgery
#

Your knee seems to be arthritic, and hence the doctor advises for replacement. I need to see the X-ray of your knee so that I can take a decision. It hurts because of the weakened muscles. So you need to strengthen your quadriceps muscle by doing daily exercise under a physiotherapist. Also, do core strengthening exercise for your back. Please send your X-rays. You need to take Calcium and Vitamin D medications. Wear a hanged knee brace while standing or walking. It will give a lot of support to your knee.

| 

Is Surgery The Only Option For Knee Buckling?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 36 year old male. I have been having knee buckling problem for some time. The problem started in the right knee about four years back and since then I have stopped sports. However, at times during some movement or jerk, I get this buckling problem and pain for two to three day...  Read Full »

I am suffering from extreme muscle weakness.What may be the reason?

Query: Hello doctor, My age is 25 years. My height is 5'10" and I weight 78 kg. I am suffering from muscle twitches and extreme muscle weakness and muscle pain from last one month. I went to a neurologist and he says reflexes are normal and asked me not to worry and he put me on tablet Remylin-D. I am curr...  Read Full »

How can knee pain be prevented?

Query: Hello doctor, There is dull knee pain while standing and walking for one month. What can be the cause of this?  Read Full »

Ask an Orthopaedician & Traumatologist Now