Q. I still have pain in my knees after a surgery. Should I go for knee replacement?

Dr. Lokesh

I had surgery on my knee. During coughing or yawning, I get a sharp pain on the knee. I am unable to stand for a long time. It hurts a lot. My MRI doctor suggests me to have a replacement on the knee. Please advise.

#

Your knee seems to be arthritic, and hence the doctor advises for replacement. I need to see the X-ray of your knee so that I can take a decision. It hurts because of the weakened muscles. So you need to strengthen your quadriceps muscle by doing daily exercise under a physiotherapist. Also, do core strengthening exercise for your back. Please send your X-rays. You need to take Calcium and Vitamin D medications. Wear a hanged knee brace while standing or walking. It will give a lot of support to your knee.

|