Q. I lack confidence in myself and cannot talk to new people. Please help me.

I lack confidence when I am alone. I am always confident when it comes to the public. I really get busted and also I do not know why. I cannot talk to new people or crossgender with an initiative. I even do not know why I always feel lonely like I know I do not have people to talk even though. Please help me.

Dr. Vishal Anilkumar Gandhi
MBBS., DPM
Psychiatry

You need to develop confidence in yourself.

• Do daily exercises for 30 to 40 minutes.
  • Do meditation for 20 minutes.
  • Read good books.
  • Take good deep sleep.

Start talking with your own self. Stand in front of the mirror and make eye contact with yourself and talk positively and confidently. Be bold.

Try to talk with anyone. If you have shyness to talk with the opposite gender, it is due to age-related hormone changes.

Do not be shy to talk to girls. When you try to talk to a girl, at that time, do not think she is a girl. Realize that she is just a normal human being like you and talk something different.

When you talk with any girl, always make eye contact but just for 15 to 20 seconds, then look away from her, then again make eye contact. Do not look at her body, do not make her uncomfortable, wear good comfortable clothes, stay neat and clean.

You need not spend money on expensive clothes and perfumes, just wear clean clothes that do not smell bad. Just enjoy the age-related changes in yourself.

If possible go or learn swimming. Get outdoors and do some physical activities, that will make you feel good about yourself.

For more information consult a psychiatrist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/psychiatrist

Having fear of going out to public places.Can you suggest any treatments?
Query: Hello doctor, I am 30 years old and my height and weight are 5'8" and 88 kg respectively. I have symptoms of agoraphobia from my childhood. I cannot go to public places like mall, theater or grocery store. I cannot even travel alone and every time I depend on someone. I feel sad every time with ...  Read Full »
Dr. Nidhi Jain Bukharia
Psychologist Counsellor

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. From your history, it is definitely agoraphobia. Along with that you have developed some depressive symptoms also.  Read Full »

Why do I have the feelings of being judged?
Query: Hi doctor, I am a 33 year old unmarried male. I have become extremely self-conscious and unproductive during the past one year. I do not feel sad, but I feel that I am not good enough. I have become reclusive and feel stupid. Initially, I was a very shy child. Then I become more confident and could ...  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Feelings of being judged, self-consciousness, lack of confidence, etc., are the symptoms seen in depression. These symptoms are also seen commonly in social anxiety. SSRIs (selective serotonin reuptake inhibitor) like Escitalopram, Fluoxetine, etc., can help to reduce ...  Read Full »

I experience episodes of anxiety every three years or so. Is it due to my medicines?
Query: Hello doctor,About every three years or so, I experience what I call an 'episode' where anxiety comes over me very quickly and I focus and worry about an issue that normally would not bother me. It takes over my mind so that it is all I can think about for weeks. This leads to instant insomnia and l...  Read Full »
Dr. K V Anand

Answer: Hello, Welcome to ciliniq.com. I can understand you well. But, I ask you not to worry as many of my patients who went through anxiety disorder have recovered completely thanks to psychotherapy. Anxiety disorders are a category of mental disorders characterized by feelings of anxiety and fear, whe...  Read Full »

Do I need any other treatment apart from medicine to treat my anxiety?
Query: Hello doctor, I am eight months pregnant now and I am suffering from anxiety. I consulted a doctor and he gave me Etizola 0.5 g medicine and this helps to make me feel normal. But, now I feel I am emotionally mute. Please help.  Read Full »
Dr. K V Anand

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Anxiety disorders come under the category of mental disorders characterized by feelings of anxiety and fear, where anxiety is a worry about future events and fear is a reaction to current events. These feelings may cause physical symptoms such as a racing heart and s...  Read Full »

Why am I unable to protest verbally though I can?
Query: Hi doctor, My writing skill is very strong but verbally I cannot protest at all against difficult people. My verbal communication skill is proper and organized if and only if I am focused and conscious at that moment. Otherwise, I tend to be unprofessional and non-intelligent in speaking. Even when ...  Read Full »
Dr. Nidhi Jain Bukharia
Psychologist Counsellor

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Sometimes, it happens because of low self-esteem. Hence, you need to work on it. You need aversion therapy. You do not have to interfere in other's rights but, other side you have to stand for your rights. Do not be very cruel or too innocent, and then people will start t...  Read Full »

Can scar reopening after surgery cause urinary problem in hypospadias patient?
My problem is erectile dysfunction and premature ejaculation. Kindly help.
Is there any harm to 3 months old baby due to a mobile tower?