Q. I lack confidence in myself and cannot talk to new people. Please help me.

I lack confidence when I am alone. I am always confident when it comes to the public. I really get busted and also I do not know why. I cannot talk to new people or crossgender with an initiative. I even do not know why I always feel lonely like I know I do not have people to talk even though. Please help me.

Dr. Vishal Anilkumar Gandhi
MBBS., DPM
Psychiatry

You need to develop confidence in yourself.

• Do daily exercises for 30 to 40 minutes.
  • Do meditation for 20 minutes.
  • Read good books.
  • Take good deep sleep.

Start talking with your own self. Stand in front of the mirror and make eye contact with yourself and talk positively and confidently. Be bold.

Try to talk with anyone. If you have shyness to talk with the opposite gender, it is due to age-related hormone changes.

Do not be shy to talk to girls. When you try to talk to a girl, at that time, do not think she is a girl. Realize that she is just a normal human being like you and talk something different.

When you talk with any girl, always make eye contact but just for 15 to 20 seconds, then look away from her, then again make eye contact. Do not look at her body, do not make her uncomfortable, wear good comfortable clothes, stay neat and clean.

You need not spend money on expensive clothes and perfumes, just wear clean clothes that do not smell bad. Just enjoy the age-related changes in yourself.

If possible go or learn swimming. Get outdoors and do some physical activities, that will make you feel good about yourself.

For more information consult a psychiatrist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/psychiatrist

* expert medical advice guaranteed.

Also Read Answers From

Ask a Psychiatrist »
* expert medical advice guaranteed.