Q. My LDL level is 188. What should I do now?

Dr. Ashish Jayanand Chandwadkar
and medically reviewed by Dr. Hema

I am a 28-year-old male. My weight is 70 kg and 5'4". I diagnosed of LDL 188 for the first time. So what can I do?

Do you have a question on Ldl or Control Cholesterol Level?

Ask a Doctor Now

Dr. Ashish Jayanand Chandwadkar

MD (PHYSICIAN

Well, not only the LDL (low-density lipoprotein) but the triglycerides, the HDL (high-density cholesterol) and their ratio are equally important.

You need to do some dietary and lifestyle changes according to your current LDL score. Consult a physician for a thorough examination, ECG and discussion for changes in your lifestyle.

As per the latest guidelines, you might not need any medication for your level of LDL unless any other problem does not exist. Take care.

Are there any problems in my routine health checkup reports?
Query: Hello doctor, I have no issues as such but not feeling fit. I am more concerned about my health. I would like to know whether my routine checkup results are alright or not. I have no symptoms of any kind. I have taken ayurveda treatment for SGPT, SGOT, and high protein. I am attaching my reports fo...  Read Full »
Dr. Divakara P

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I went through your reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity) and came across a few significant values. Elevated uric acid can increase the risk of kidney stones and joint pains. I would suggest you have plenty of water and avoid having non-vegetarian...  Read Full »

Do I need to take medicine for high levels of LDL?
Query: Hello doctor, I am 43 years old. I do not smoke or drink, but my food habits are not very good. Recently, I got my blood checked for Apo B/Apo A and the ratio was really bad at 1.6. The triglyceride is around 474 and this rose from 270 around three months back. My HDL is 26, LDL 116 and TC 237. Let...  Read Full »

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. We are here to help you. You definitely need treatment for high cholesterol along with dietary modifications. You need to be started on a combination of Atorvastatin and Fenofibrate. Start regular exercise and avoid oil, rice and potatoes. For blood sugars, you can wait f...  Read Full »

Total cholesterol 229, HDL 53 and LDL 150. Do I have heart disease?
Query: Hello doctor, Recently, I have checked my lipid profile and sugar. The results are total cholesterol 229, HDL 53, LDL 150, BP 130/90 mmHg and sugar 104. Are these results fine? Let me know whether I have any heart disease. For cholesterol I am taking Triglize. Kindly give few suggestions to lowe...  Read Full »

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Your total cholesterol target should be 150. Low-density lipoprotein (LDL) should be below 100 and high-density lipoprotein (HDL) in range of 50 to 60. Your blood sugar is normal. Right now you do not seem to have heart condition and your slightly raised blood pressure is...  Read Full »

Ask a Doctor Now