Q. My LDL level is 188. What should I do now?

Dr. Ashish Jayanand Chandwadkar
and medically reviewed by Dr. Hemalatha
Published on May 13, 2019

I am a 28-year-old male. My weight is 70 kg and 5'4". I diagnosed of LDL 188 for the first time. So what can I do?

Dr. Ashish Jayanand Chandwadkar

#

Well, not only the LDL (low-density lipoprotein) but the triglycerides, the HDL (high-density cholesterol) and their ratio are equally important.

You need to do some dietary and lifestyle changes according to your current LDL score. Consult a physician for a thorough examination, ECG and discussion for changes in your lifestyle.

As per the latest guidelines, you might not need any medication for your level of LDL unless any other problem does not exist. Take care.

Are there any problems in my routine health checkup reports?

Query: Hello doctor, I have no issues as such but not feeling fit. I am more concerned about my health. I would like to know whether my routine checkup results are alright or not. I have no symptoms of any kind. I have taken ayurveda treatment for SGPT, SGOT, and high protein. I am attaching my reports fo...  Read Full »

Do I need to take medicine for high levels of LDL?

Query: Hello doctor, I am 43 years old. I do not smoke or drink, but my food habits are not very good. Recently, I got my blood checked for Apo B/Apo A and the ratio was really bad at 1.6. The triglyceride is around 474 and this rose from 270 around three months back. My HDL is 26, LDL 116 and TC 237. Let...  Read Full »

Is cholesterol level of 299 too high?

Query: Hello doctor, Recently, I have checked my lipid profile and sugar. The results are total cholesterol 229, HDL 53, LDL 150, BP 130/90 mmHg and sugar 104. Are these results fine? Let me know whether I have any heart disease. For cholesterol I am taking Triglize. Kindly give few suggestions to lowe...  Read Full »