Q. Does my blood report indicate the reason for severe pain and inflammation of my legs?

Answered by Dr. Sagar Ramesh Makode and medically reviewed by iCliniq medical review team.


Do you have a question on Leg Pain or Hdl? We have medical experts to help you right away. Ask a Doctor Now »
Image: Does my blood report indicate the reason for severe pain and inflammation of my legs?

Hello doctor,

From the past few weeks, I have had severe pain and inflammation in both the legs, from my knees to the foot. I limp while walking, and have no injuries or accident. Also, I feel very lazy, weak, and sometimes feel feverish in the evenings. My concentration at work is also going down. I recently got a blood test done, and I am concerned about a few things. I need professional guidance. Can you please help me in understanding the report and to take corrective measures?

Related Questions:
Can vitamin D3 deficiency cause pain in different parts of my body?
I have deranged triglycerides and HDL. Why?
Childhood Obesity : An Ayurvedic Approach to its Management

Dr. Sagar Ramesh Makode
Cardiology, General Medicine, Internal Medicine


Welcome to icliniq.com.

I have seen your reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity). There is nothing serious, no need to worry.

  • The central problem associated with you is obesity. Obesity has lead to excess fat deposition in the liver, leading to mild elevation of AST (aspartate aminotransferase), ALT (alanine transaminase), and GGT (gamma-glutamyl transpeptidase).
  • This increased fat in the blood is reflected as elevated triglycerides, low HDL (high-density lipoprotein) levels, and other minor abnormalities like apolipoprotein. There is also minor abnormalities in homocysteine, which is due to low folic acid.
  • Significant problems are low folic acid levels, which has lead to increased MCV (mean corpuscular volume) and homocysteine. For this, you need to increase the daily intake of food like green leafy vegetables, fruits like oranges, beans, and cereals. I suggest taking tablet Folvite 5 mg once a day for a month.
  • Also, another thing is low vitamin D, for which I suggest taking tablet Uprise D3 60,000 units once a week after lunch for eight weeks, and once a month for the next six months. This low vitamin D and obesity have probably lead to lower limbs problem.
  • You need to get an x-ray of the knees to confirm the diagnosis and start further treatment. So, you can visit an orthopedician for the same. Till then, I suggest Diclofenac gel or spray for local application. Also, avoid sitting on the floor cross-legged.
  • I also suggest tablet Ultracet (combination of Acetaminophen and Tramadol) for pain whenever needed. And tablet Shelcal (combination of Calcium carbonate and Vitamin D3) once a day for a month.
  • So, the main thing is a healthy lifestyle and weight loss. You should have a low-calorie diet. Avoid fatty and oily food. Also get your blood pressure checked once. The majority of blood reports abnormalities are due to obesity.

Hope this helps you and get back if you have any doubts.

For further queries consult a general medicine physician online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/general-medicine-physician

Ask your health query to a doctor online?
Ask a Doctor Online »
* guaranteed answer within 4 hours.

Related Questions & Answers

What is Obesity? Why People Become Over-Weight?
Article Overview: Obesity is a ‘silent epidemic’. This article tells about how to find if you have obesity and the reasons for it.  Read Article »
Dr. Saumya Mittal
Internal Medicine Physician

Who is Considered as An Obese Person? An Obese person is one who has too much body fat and thus has a negative effect on their health. A person is considered obese when they have a weight over 20% of their ideal body weight. On the other hand, one may consider body mass index. Body mass index, ...  Read Article »
How to reduce TG/HDL ratio?
Query: Hi doctor, I got a complete medical checkup done today. My lipid profile reads total cholesterol 145 mg/dL, HDL 27.5 mg/dL, LDL 93.3 mg/dL, triglyceride 195 mg/dL and VLDL 39 mg/dL. Is this very concerning? Especially I am concerned regarding the TG/HDL ratio. Please advice. My echo, ECG and...  Read Full »
Dr. Prashant Valecha
Cardiologist, General Practitioner

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Most of the population has low HDL (high density lipoprotein). More than 50 is a good thing which rarely people have. Triglyceride range is up to 150. Can be more if no fasting done prior test or seen in diabetics. Overall your test is good. You do not need cholesterol m...  Read Full »
I have muscle twitching. Is it due to vitamin deficiency?
Query: Hi doctor, For about 10 days, I have muscle twitching in my calf, thighs and also in my eyes. I am worried about it. I got my blood test done. It showed that I have a severe vitamin B12 and vitamin D deficiency. My vitamin B12 was around 50 ng/L. Can these deficiencies be the cause for having muscl...  Read Full »
Dr. Devavrat Harihar Nene

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. The duration is too short for any serious ailment. It is generally related to stress, coffee intake, and vitamin B12 deficiency. There is nothing to worry. It will go off.  Read Full »

Ask your health query to a doctor online?
Ask a Doctor Online »
* guaranteed answer within 4 hours.

Ask a Doctor Online

* guaranteed answer within 4 hours

Most Viewed

Can transvaginal scan cause spotting during pregnancy?
Hi doctor, I have a history of recurrent early miscarriage (before seven weeks). Investigations pointed to high autoimm ...Read more »
My hairline has reduced. Should I opt for Ayurveda, homeopathy, or other alternative medicine?
Hello doctor, I am a 40-year-old male. For past five to six years my hairline has reduced drastically, a kind of patter ...Read more »
How to Grow Thick and Dark Eyelashes - Uses | Work | Effective | Precautions | Side Effects
Women use mascaras, artificial eyelashes, and a lot of other cosmetic products to make their eyelashes look long, thick, ...Read more »