Q. Is it safe to give Levolin inhaler along with Montair LC to my kid?

Dr. Baratu Bhaisara
Published on Dec 16, 2017 and last reviewed on: Aug 02, 2019

My physician has always suggested Budecort 100 mcg for my kid for four years and Levolin inhaler along with Montair LC kids tablet daily and some cough syrup since he is allergic. He is having a dry cough and Altacef is given sometimes if worse.

The doctor insists always at least for three months to continue the inhaler and the Montair LC. Is it safe for the kids? Is there any alternative medicine that my son does not have to take the inhaler or the nebulization. Kindly suggest an alternative medicine.

#

It seems your doctor is trying to control acute attacks of asthma which is right.

I suggest the following:

• Focus on controlling attacks by avoiding stimulators like dust, sudden exposure to hot and cold weather, keep away from pets. Educate your son about the same so that your son takes precautionary steps.
  • Build his immunity by giving special vaccinations and a high protein diet.
  • Vitamin D, vitamin C, and Omega-3 supplements will help to reduce attacks.
  • If asthmatic attacks are well controlled, kids usually outgrow the age. I mean, they have a better prognosis.
  • Any medications that are given to control asthmatic attacks usually require three to six months therapy for better response.
  • Let your doctor decide if it is asthma or not.

For more information consult a paediatrician online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/paediatrician

Can Levolin syrup treat a baby cough?

Query: Hello doctor,My 26 months old baby suffers from cough the whole night. She has a cold as well but no fever or spasm of the chest. Should I go for Levolin syrup?  Read Full »

Can I take Levocet M for itchy throat?

Query: Hi doctor, I had a problem of nose block and my ENT surgeon suggested me to go for a nose operation. As per doctor instruction, operation of my nose was carried out before three months. Now my nose is almost fine, but still I feel that something is there in my throat. I also feel itchy throat and e...  Read Full »

Can allergic asthma turn into permanent asthma?

Query: Hello doctor,I am 29 years old now. I have allergic asthma for last 6 to 7 years but in very mild form (mild suffocation and coughing for 2 to 3 days, once in three months). It used to get triggered by an old house (old book or newspaper dust) or distemper and paints or orange flavored drinks. But s...  Read Full »