My son has cough and running nose. Please advise.

Q. My son has cough and running nose. Please advise.

Dr. Chandra Prakash Tanwar

My son is 5 years old. Since yesterday, he has a cough and running nose. Yesterday, I gave him Zyrcold syrup.

#

• Your son is suffering from a cough and running nose from one day.
  • I would like some more information:
  1. Is this associated with shortness of breath?
  2. Is this associated with whistling sounds?
  3. What is the color of the sputum?
  4. Does he have a fever or labored breathing?
  5. Does he have a history of asthma in the past?
  • Considering a short history, it seems to be an upper respiratory tract infection, which is usually viral. Management includes rest, proper hydration, and supportive treatment. You can continue the Zyrcold syrup (Cetirizine and Ambroxol).
  • Levolin contains Levosalbutamol, which is a bronchodilator that is used in the case of a lower respiratory tract infection, which does not seem to be the case.
  • You can give him steam inhalation.

Thanks and regards.

For more information consult an internal medicine physician online --> https://icliniq.com./ask-a-doctor-online/internal-medicine-physician

|