Lh Surge

When should Histrelin implant be removed in precocious puberty?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a female. I was diagnosed seven years ago for central precocious puberty and was treated with three annual implants of Histrelin. The third implant still has not been removed after about four years. I have looked at procedure guidelines online that say that the implant must be re...  Read Full »

General Medicine Physician, General Practitioner, Internal Medicine Physician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Yes, Histrelin implant should have been removed after one year. Please speak about this to your doctor. Histrelin implant is a synthetic analogue of gonadotropin-releasing hormone (GnRH) agonist. It works by decreasing the production of certain hormones, which reduces e...  Read Full »

What is the cause for negative LH surge and spotting while on DHEA?

Query: Hello doctor, I am 41 years old and trying to conceive for 13 months. My AMH is 4.3 and FSH is 8.2. Thyroid and uterus are all normal. I was put on IVF short protocol before six months and managed to get only one egg and IUI failed. I fell pregnant naturally after three months but had a miscarriag...  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. If there has been no LH (luteinizing hormone) surge positivity in the kit and you have spotted, it simply means that this is irregular shedding where the endometrium has grown till mid-cycle and is unsupported in the absence of progesterone which is released post ovu...  Read Full »

My report says that my plasma levels are raised in comparision to LH. What does it mean?

Query: Hello doctor,I had a fertility blood test and scan. All came out fine except it said I had slightly raised plasma levels in comparison to LH. Does this mean I have problems, and what does it mean?  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Raised plasma levels of LH or Leutinizing Hormone indicates a premature ovarian failure in women less than 35 years. And in a woman above 40, it indicates perimenopausal status (if she is still menstruating) or menopausal (is she has not menstruated for a year). Howe...  Read Full »

Will high LH impact ovulation and healthy pregnancy in a PCOS patient?

Query: Hello doctor, I am 32. I have PCOS for past seven years. Now planning to conceive with Gonadotropin injection and timed intercourse. But my day two blood work shows FSH 4.7, LH 11.2 and prolactin 9. Due to high LH will I get ovulation and if so, how will be the chances of having a healthy pregnancy?...  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. The LH levels are more than 10 as expected in PCOD, ideally should be less than 7, but still on the lower side. You can continue with the protocol and ideally LH surge occurs at 20 and usually the follicle is matter at 18 mm size. So, pertaining to your query that wh...  Read Full »

What happens to the unreleased follicle eggs in a PCOD patient?

Query: Hello doctor, I have PCOS. I want to know what happens to all these unreleased follicle eggs on ovaries? Why I have spotting after the period? And how can Yasmin help me? If it prevents ovulation so the number of follicle eggs would increase? What are the side effects once I get off Yasmin pills? C...  Read Full »

Dr. Sharmila Naik

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. The unreleased follicles are multiple and tiny and small as the follicular phase is very long. FSH hormone is very high. They are all unripe and immature but one of them grows till ovulation (takes a long time in PCOS patients) and other undergo apoptosis, that is ge...  Read Full »

What is the reason for fishy smelling vagina and low LH?

Query: Hello doctor, I was just diagnosed with PCOS. I am 38 and have always had irregular periods. I have two sons and I have brown light spotting all month every month. I have no pain. My LH was 5.8 and FSH was 8 eight months back. Four months back, LH was 12.9 and FSH was 9.4. I do not have extra hair ...  Read Full »

Dr. Neha Singh Rathod

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Please get yourself checked by a gynecologist and get a pelvic scan done to rule out the exact cause of brownish discharge. The fishy smell of vagina is mainly because of some vaginal infection. Avoid having sex till then. Wear cotton panties and loose lowers. Maintain ...  Read Full »