Q. I hurt my little finger while playing, and the X-ray shows no fracture. Please help.

Dr. Lokesh

I have been experiencing pain around the bone of the little finger. It is just below the end of the finger, near the joint of the bone joining the palm. I did an X-ray and no crack was shown. I play cricket. So, I experienced this after taking a catch two months ago. It pains every time I take a catch, and me being an import and fielder, I cannot evade fielding. I took six weeks of rest, and still experienced the same pain. I took pain killers and even applied some gel, but nothing has helped so far.

#

• It is mostly a ligament and capsular sprain of the fifth metacarpophalangeal joint.
  • Just taking rest will not suffice. You need to strap it. Do an extended buddy strapping. It is a buddy strapping that extends to the palm area.
  • Alternatively, you can use a Capener splint.
  • Avoid playing till pain persists.

This professional advice provided by me stands subject to the actual examination of the report or image and is based entirely on inputs provided to me. It should be correlated with the clinical findings.

For more information consult an orthopaedician and traumatologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/orthopaedician-and-traumatologist

|