Q. I hurt my little finger while playing, and the X-ray shows no fracture. Please help.

Dr. Lokesh
Published on Aug 13, 2017

I have been experiencing pain around the bone of the little finger. It is just below the end of the finger, near the joint of the bone joining the palm. I did an X-ray and no crack was shown. I play cricket. So, I experienced this after taking a catch two months ago. It pains every time I take a catch, and me being an import and fielder, I cannot evade fielding. I took six weeks of rest, and still experienced the same pain. I took pain killers and even applied some gel, but nothing has helped so far.

Dr. Lokesh

Orthopedics And Traumatology Spine Health Spine Surgery
#

• It is mostly a ligament and capsular sprain of the fifth metacarpophalangeal joint.
  • Just taking rest will not suffice. You need to strap it. Do an extended buddy strapping. It is a buddy strapping that extends to the palm area.
  • Alternatively, you can use a Capener splint.
  • Avoid playing till pain persists.

This professional advice provided by me stands subject to the actual examination of the report or image and is based entirely on inputs provided to me. It should be correlated with the clinical findings.

For more information consult an orthopaedician and traumatologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/orthopaedician-and-traumatologist

| 

What are the surgical options available for a sprained ankle?

Query: Hello doctor, I am looking for a second opinion for surgical options for a grade 3 sprained ankle. I have attached herewith the MRI results. The results show a ruptured anterior tibiofibular ligament and a partial tear of the posterior tibiofibular ligament with disruption of distal tibiofibular sy...  Read Full »

Will my fibular fracture heal properly?

Query: Hello doctor, I broke the tip of the fibula during an ankle sprain. The broken part is bean shaped. Will it heal properly? Will it cause any problem to me? I am on bed rest since ten days with a plaster on my ankle joint.  Read Full »

Shall I go with compression wrap for wrist sprain?

Query: Hello doctor, I had a mild sprain while using a punching bag. But, it does not hurt at all in my two days off work. Now I am back to work, on day three since my injury, and it hurts really bad. I am locked in for the next several hours and I can tough it out. Obviously I am going to be doing some h...  Read Full »

Ask an Orthopaedician & Traumatologist Now